• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any YTEP's still alive and kicking

tazdiver

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,
Was just wondering if there are any YTEP's from the 82 - 84 classes still kicking around, specifically any 211ers.
Would be interesting to see how many actually survived to retirement age  :)
I joined 83, cornwallis serial 8341, rad op tq3 8405.

- I married one!

;D

- Hey, remember the song?

" Why Teppp, for a full yeearrr, till they're full grown."
8)

Okay that brought back very bad memories that song  :eek:
I am also interested in finding a couple of friends who where YTEP at the same time, Charles McNaughton and TW Wirch.
Both spent time in Petahaha and Lahr.

8410, 1Pl Your're right there's not many of us left.

I was a YTEP but a little later than the years you're looking for.  8645, 10 Platoon.

I joined in 82 as infantry, so not a YTEP, but a lot of my buddies came in a year later as YTEP'S. We use to call 'em chicken mcnuggets - take a case which regiment I belonged to.. ;)

I remember standing on the old line in the shacks on day one. The  Pl WO's in the middle of his rant and say's "Any of you Fu*k'n YTEPS here?" Two of us put up our hands.....it kind of went down hill from there.  :crybaby:

8441, 2 Platoon.  I think I was the only guy in  my platoon that wasn't YTEP. 

jim shaw said:
I was a ytep, 1983 in cornwallis, 7 pl.  I got out in 1995.....

Are you the same Jim Shaw that was in Cold Lake in 84, married Kim Dobey...are you an ex-MSEOp?

I joined in 1985 as a YTEP under the OCEAN OP trade MOC 191.  Retired 29 Nov 2010

I have heard of YTEPs, I joined in 1990 so I am lacking knowledge on this one. Why did infantry NCOs have a hate on for YTEPs?

I was a YTEP, crse 8335, 5 plt.  Started out as a Cook, remustered Feb 1990 to TelOp 212, got melted in with the 211s in 1999 to become a SigO 215.  Retired Sep 2008.

I have heard of these mysterious YTEP soldiers.

A couple of questions: What was the reason/premise for the YTEP and why did you join as a trade and remuster to another one?

Did you have to go to Cornwallis or depot training upon entry?

Thanks and to the YTEP's who have retired. Congrats

HFXCrow said:
A couple of questions: What was the reason/premise for the YTEP and why did you join as a trade and remuster to another one?

Did you have to go to Cornwallis or depot training upon entry?

The Youth Training Employment Program (YTEP) was started by UI (now EI).  I forget what the age limits were, but you were enrolled for one year in the CF (Class C), salary paid by UI.  If the CF retained you in the trade you qualified in, they paid UI the money back.  I would suspect that's why many people had to remuster.

I did my Basic at Cornwallis.

Good morning, my YTEP contract was a huge total of 283 days. Come to think of it I have gone full circle started out as a reservist went reg, retired and am now a reservist again.

Back