• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any YTEP's still alive and kicking

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/department/classa_sisip

Hey Mike63 and anyone else who got screwed by SISIP, here is the website you need to check out right away

Sorry for taking so long to get back Mike

Maraduer said:
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/department/classa_sisip

Hey Mike63 and anyone else who got screwed by SISIP, here is the website you need to check out right away

Sorry for taking so long to get back Mike

Hey Ken, yeah I'm on that list and waiting patiently for it to end.  Thanks for this.

TCBF said:
- I married one!

;D

- Hey, remember the song?

" Why Teppp, for a full yeearrr, till they're full grown."
8)

The song In remember singing was  "Why tepp for a full yeearrr till they go home"
I wasn't ytep but lots of my buddies were. I even remember some of the "Qtips" started out in what ever trade you need POET for then getting jerked around till the year was up (never started the POET course ) then being told that the only way to stay in was to go to one of the combat arms trades.

Yup I remember that song and remember getting screwed around. Started in 83 as a YTEP Airframe tech. Showed up on course and we were told when the year was over none of us would remain Airframe techs. Of 25 only 3 passed.
The rest of us basically said whats the use. Drink at the A club and sit in PAT platoon for the rest of the year.
They gave me Admin Clk, after getting in and posted, remustered to Rad Op

One here from '82.  Straight to Wainwright for 26(?) weeks encompassing basic to graduation from battle school.  Frezenburg PL with 3 killed in a wreck during training.  Went to 1st Btn then 2 Cdo then out with a broken back.  YTEP was like having the mark of Cain on you.

My story is a bit different. Entered as POET, re-assigned to ATCA did 6 mos OJT in G'Wood then the 6 month course in TCTI in Cornwall, On and  ended up being CT'd a week before couse finished (don't ask...politics) and ended up Safety Systems for the next 25 yrs eventually thru the constant changes of amalgamation AVN then a trade  restructure to ALSE/ACS.  Now a 3B release this December.  I ain't no way complaining been an awesome ride.!!

FYI Basic course Serial was 8545.

8344. In Cornwallis from October 83 to Jan 84. Only one thing worse than going to Cornwallis, and that was GOING BACK TO Cornwallis after the Christmas 83 break!! When I joined I had no clue about Class A,B,C, etc. Just joined until I "figured out what I wanted to do". I was offered two choices; A) join for 3 years, be in come hell or high water, or B) be in for one year, and get out in 30 days if it sucked. I chose option B. Tel Op crse 8401 from Feb - May 84. Then of course ended up a Sig Op. Released 3B in January 2011, after accepting a civvy position on the Edmonton Garrison. I joined in Edmonton, back in '83. Who knew?? All those years in uniform, and it turns out I wanted to be a greasy Public Servant on the Edmonton Garrison. lol
Well into my career I'd see documents stamped with the big red YTEP. Like the scarlet letter. No regrets though. For me it was the right way to start, and led to a 27+ year career. I would have done a full 35 if I hadn't trashed my back.

Wainright Alberta PPCLI 83', started training in early year then they said GOV was cutting us back because of lack of funds and sent half of our platoon home at end of the year...oh was I mad :mad:, my Sgt NCO said I was good and good for snipering but heard of the cutbacks and wish me luck.

10 Platoon 8533 RTOP/Rad-Op/Sig-Op/ACISS/soon-to-be-retired Jimmy here...I have a very clear memory of an Aero Engine Tech YTEP being told that of his entire class in Borden, only one would be allowed to stay in the trade after their year was up...

I had to wonder what the GAFF level was like on those courses, for the staff and students alike...seemed like an exercise in futility to me...

I was a YTEP In 83 got out on a medical ... I was in 2 platoon had a Master seaman Lawson I can't remember my squad no. and am hoping someone knows me from then. Iv'e put in an application at national archives. Failing that I need to get in touch with Master Seaman Lawson ( I have No Idea what his Rank would be now) He was up for promotion in 83 summer. I sure kick myself for not staying now! If I remember correctly most of us were supply tec.'s Is there any one from My squad out there? if you do remember me please send me an E-mail Jonathan_coady@shaw.ca
thank you ...

CFRS Cornwallis - Course 8529 - 2PL 4Sq 

Hey, anyone remember Cpl Ekert for pt? ...afternoon 2pl .... Still don't move...  :D

8342 11 plt. Weapons Tech and still in the Army. Had to get out after the year but rejoined my reserve Regt and then got into the Regs a couple of years later. 32 and counting.

Ha. YTEP. Yep, I was one. Went straight to RCR Battle School for 26 weeks in September of 85. Graduated, went to 3 RCR in Winnipeg, then went to Germany. Stayed in Baden till they closed it. Then went to 2 RCR in Gagetown for a little bit, did some other stuff for a while, and then rebadged to PPCLI and went to Calgary. Ended up in Edmonton, then got out.

Back