• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any AVS Techs around???

Tollboothwilli3

Inactive
Reaction score
I have some questions about the day to day routine of an avs tech.

What is a typical day like?
Do you leave the country much?

How was the training? easy, hard, boring????

any and all info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :cdn:

It depends, if your working on a flight line, basically your making sure that the A/C will be able to flight. If your working in labs, you going to work with boxes and getting deep into the systems to fix it.
If you are posted to labs, you won't travel that much. If your posted to servicing (flight line services) you'll go on TD's around the world. Which is cool. We go on TD most of the time, we don't get mission quit often. That's why you don't see lots of air force with medals (except if they used to be army before).
The training is one half in Kingston (8months) and the rest of it is in Borden (6months). I used to be on the old training, which was very boring and inaffective. Now a privat company took control and re-invent the training, which I heard is getting much better.
You meanly work on electronic systems (communications, navigations,acoustics etc). You will learn a lot and its a good job if your planning to go back to civilian life.
cheers

Back