• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ANAV Numbers

Gazoo

Inactive
Reaction score
To begin this topic I need to say I am not an ANAV, I am an AEC.
Over the past few days(between teaching and missions) I did some research on the number of ANAV's in the CF now, what they do, where they are posted, and most importantly how many unfilled positions they have.  I know the Preferred Manning Level(PML) is more complicated than it appears on a simple spreadsheet, but it does illustrate some interesting facts.
Current # of positions - 703
Current # unfilled      - 147
# filled                      - 556

I also counted the number of ANAV's who's current position is an actual flying/aircrew(navigating) position, and not some type of staff job.
Current # flying/aircrew  -  165
So in summary 28% of ANAV's fill an aircrew(flying) position.
It was interesting finding this out.

In addition to ANAV I did the same research for the AEC occupation, but I will post it in the Support Trades folder.
Everyone can draw their own conclusions as to what the numbers mean, but as 'they say' it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out(what I am trying to say).

Let the slings and arrows fly, I am wearing my kevlar vest.

I forgot to mention the numbers only include those up to the rank of Colonel.

I was told ANAVs are going to get the UAV pilot spots. Can anyone confirm this? My source is not the best so that is why I am looking for someone more in the know to confirm or deny it.

I have heard the same thing, but can't actually confirm it.  It would certainly increase their number of flying positions(assuming you could consider it flying).

1 from each of the last two Nav courses got the UAV spots.  They're (as of right now) under 405 Sqn.

CDN Aviator said:
Not for long

Awesome.  I've been hearing rumours that it's either going to be 415 or 428 Sqn standing up in Greenwood.  Any truth to that?

Dimsum said:
Awesome.  I've been hearing rumours that it's either going to be 415 or 428 Sqn standing up in Greenwood.  Any truth to that?

Last i was told, both the Sqn number and location had not be decided.

If i was a betting man i would put my money on a northern Alberta airbase whose name starts with C   ;D

In addition to ANAV I did the same research for the AEC occupation, but I will post it in the Support Trades folder.
Everyone can draw their own conclusions as to what the numbers mean, but as 'they say' it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out(what I am trying to say).

Since I failed miserably at Rocket Science (no-wait- it was nuclear physics.  I get those two mixed up all the time...)  what are you trying to say?

was told ANAVs are going to get the UAV pilot spots. Can anyone confirm this? My source is not the best so that is why I am looking for someone more in the know to confirm or deny it.

Confirm.  All else (Sqn Number, location, air vehicle) is up in the air.

CDN Aviator said:
If i was a betting man i would put my money on a northern Alberta airbase whose name starts with C  ;D

That has to be a typo, what you meant to type was a British Columbia airbase whose name starts with C, right? 

Dolphin_Hunter said:
That has to be a typo, what you meant to type was a British Columbia airbase whose name starts with C, right? 

I meant what i said........

Back