• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

abstractwaffle

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm turning 25 this year and want to join from the reserves.
I know theres a long road ahead regardless of age, these include but not limited to:
  • 6 month application process (I have my medical, physical, and interview all scheduled for this month having already done CFAT)
  • 6 month BMQ + DP1
And at least 2 years within the military after officially being a part of the infantry as an infantry soldier.
This means i'll probably be in my late twenties before I can submit my NOI and also assumes I progress smoothly in my courses.

How realistic is this plan? Would I be too old (late 20s)? How old is the average new CSOR member/average age in CSOR?

Please don't patronize me about "learning to walk before I run", "I should worry about passing infantry first", etc. my question assumes these things for the sake of this question.

Some online research shows the average age of an Operator in CANSOF is above 30 years of age. I strongly doubt they'll filter anyone out by age as long as they can complete selection and their courses.

Some online research shows the average age of an Operator in CANSOF is above 30 years of age. I strongly doubt they'll filter anyone out by age as long as they can complete selection and their courses.

Thanks for the reply.

I'd imagine alot of people in CSOR are there for as long as the Canadian Forces will have them - these could be 10+ year stints.

Wouldn't it follow that the average age would be higher given the presumably low turnover? I found the research after you mentioned it (********, 2014) but I'm wondering if you had any data on the average new joiner?

According to some sources like bootcampmilitaryfitnessinstitute and greydynamics.com, the average age of folks in CSOR is around 30. However, I was wondering what the average age is for a new recruit. How old are people submitting their NOIs? I'd imagine its a little lower than the average age given (I'm assuming here) the high retention rate once you're in.

Back