• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Altered War- The Fall-out From The "Doctered" Photos Begins

PB&J said:
::)
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-york-times-busted-in-hezbollah.html
...and the NY Times eventual correction... ::)
http://www.nytimes.com/ref/pageoneplus/corrections.html
so i guess that means all these other corrections on that NYT page must also be proof of an MSM conspiracy, then? ::)

...•
Because of an editing error, an article yesterday about sniper shootings on Indiana roads misstated the location of a fatal attack last month. It was near Seymour, southeast of Indianapolis, not near Muncie, northeast of Indianapolis. (Go to Article)

An article on Saturday about Eric N. Olsen, a substitute teacher accused of molesting in Southern California, referred incorrectly to the jurisdiction of a police spokeswoman, Diane Galindo, who said Mr. Olsen admitted molesting girls over the past three years. The jurisdiction, Ontario, is a city, not a county. (Go to Article)

A picture on July 24 with an obituary of Reathel Odum, secretary to Bess Truman when she was first lady, was published in error. The photograph, released by The Associated Press in 1945 and identified as Miss Odum, was actually Jane Lingo (a friend of President Truman’s daughter, Margaret). (Go to Article)

A front-page article on Sunday about a decision by Senator Joseph I. Lieberman to shift the focus of his campaign from getting out the vote to running new advertisements omitted credit for the radio program that first reported a comment by Senator Frank R. Lautenberg that Mr. Lieberman should not run as an independent if he loses the Democratic primary in Connecticut by a double-digit margin. He made the remark on Friday on “The Diane Rehm Show’’ on WAMU in Washington. (Go to Article)

An article in some copies on July 16 about neighbors whose apartments were damaged when the Upper East Side town house of Dr. Nicholas Bartha exploded misstated the number of passers-by injured. (The error was repeated in an article on July 17 about the death of the doctor, who was suspected of blowing up the building.) Four passers-by were hurt, not five. (Go to Article)

A picture caption with an article on Monday about plans to tear down the Mulford Gardens public housing complex in Yonkers and replace it with new housing misstated the given name of a resident. She is Zaryah Allen, not Zarya. (Go to Article)

The Advertising column in Business Day on Thursday, about videos used to promote books, misidentified the person who wrote the lyrics for a song included in the book “Variable Star,” and misidentied the person who will sing that song in the video being prepared to publicize the book. Spider Robinson, one of the authors of the book, wrote the lyrics, not David Crosby, who wrote the music. And it is Mr. Robinson who will perform the song, not Mr. Crosby. The article also omitted one of the authors of “Variable Star.” In addition to Mr. Robinson, it was written by Robert A. Heinlein. (Go to Article)

An art review in Weekend on Friday of “Yes Bruce Nauman” at the Zwirner & Wirth gallery in Manhattan misspelled the surnames of two artists in the exhibition. They are Stefan Brüggemann, not Bruggeman, and Mungo Thomson, not Thompson. (Go to Article)

An article in The Arts on Thursday about the television documentary “When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts” referred imprecisely to “Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans?” a song on the soundtrack. While the song was widely associated with Louis Armstrong, it was written by Louis Alter and Edgar DeLange. (Go to Article)

A picture in Science Times yesterday with The Doctor’s World column, about the history of the International AIDS Conference, was published in error. The 1994 International AIDS Conference was in Yokohama, Japan. The picture was of demonstrators at another AIDS conference, held in Paris the same year. (Go to Article)

The Side Effects column in Science Times yesterday, about animal migration, misstated the educational affiliation for Scott A. Shaffer, who reported the longest electronically recorded animal migration — 40,000 miles in a year for seabirds called sooty shearwaters. He is at the University of California, Santa Cruz, not the University of California, Davis. (Go to Article)

The Times welcomes comments and suggestions, or complaints about errors that warrant correction. Messages on news coverage can be e-mailed to nytnews@nytimes.com or left toll-free at 1-888-NYT-NEWS (1-888-698-6397). Comments on editorials may be e-mailed to letters@nytimes.com or faxed to (212) 556-3622.

squeeliox said:
so i guess that means all these other corrections on that NYT page must also be proof of an MSM conspiracy, then?
no, merely incompetence. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

so i guess that means all these other corrections on that NYT page must also be proof of an MSM conspiracy, then?

Not at all, just the fact that you can't see the forest for the trees.... ::)

Brad Sallows said:
Many photos taken in or near combat situations are posed.  Some of the best-known photos from various theatres of war were posed.  It's less clear whether alteration was a customary practice before the age of digitization.

The interesting perspective is that this is just one more incident to add to a long list.  I stopped believing anything shown in pictures from the region long ago.   Too much bullshit, too little fact and context.

photos of vimy ridge are well known to have had airbursts airbrushed into the sky by lord beaverbrook's "image techs" in 1917.  a famous photo of Aubrey Cosins, VC, has had a beret airbrushed onto his head for publication in the Qor history...(he had been a Highlander of some stripe when an official army portrait had been taken and he never got another picture taken after transfer to the qor, with whom he was killed in 1945).  So even in Cdn mil history, there is examples of image manipulation dating back to WWI.

Did those photo's influence public opinion??  Plus with whole sell carpet bombing of cities I doubt the public who got the photo's in record time really cared.

Quagmire said:
Did those photo's influence public opinion??  Plus with whole sell carpet bombing of cities I doubt the public who got the photo's in record time really cared.
Please, all of these photos serve only one purpose, to inflame "world" opinion/hostility towards the state of Israel (read moderate Lebanese/Hezz supporters).

If anyone here thinks this isn't true of what the pro-Hezbollah "photojournalists" are attempting to do then, I challenge you to produce the dame sort of photo's, with the same ulterior motive and post them or provide a link.

It's pretty amazing though, how all of these were found in such a convenient spot (perfect for composition of the shot), nice and clean!
http://www.slublog.com/archives/2006/08/the_passion_of.html
"Today Wall-Mart shoppers, we have a sale in our children's department, stuffed toys have been "rolled back" by %50!, and if you buy 1 you get one for free!"  ::)

Quagmire said:
Taking into account of Hezbollah's media manipulation is it any wonder some may question the rest of what's being reported.  It doesn't help when some in the media (which is suppossed to be unbiased) knowingly and purposfully change the flavour of the story.

How true!

I found those 'posed' pics with those dead children quite sickening and distressing to say the least, and although sadly these people were killed, to use their death in such a twisted way, the way Hezbollah has, simply for me, I see a new high in low by this orgainsation of terrorists. The extremes they are going to, just re-inforces the fact they must be 'put down' like a rabid animal.

Wes

Man, I think the tinfoil hats are on with this latest conspiracy. Are we supposed to only trust information that supports our view? Search the world over and you'll eventually find a website or Blog that will support any issue. Propaganda is used by each side remember "In war the first casualty is the truth."

So, what exactly are you saying Rfn?

One does not need a tinfoil hat to see those pics with the same bloke in them at different times wit the same corpses.

Wes

rifleman said:
Man, I think the tinfoil hats are on with this latest conspiracy. Are we supposed to only trust information that supports our view? Search the world over and you'll eventually find a website or Blog that will support any issue. Propaganda is used by each side remember "In war the first casualty is the truth."
Spare me the idioms, start posting the links of these that whom support the Israeli cause and use the MSM to further the agenda.

rifleman said:
Evidence can be used to prove anything even remotely true!

*edit* fixed link

You can be pretty sure that both sides are engaging in a propaganda campaign to gain world support.  All such reports should be taken with a grain of salt.

Now there are reports from Israel of Iranian Republican Guards being amongst the Hezbollah dead and, again, there are questions about the veracity of the "documents" found to support that.

rmacqueen said:
You can be pretty sure that both sides are engaging in a propaganda campaign to gain world support.  All such reports should be taken with a grain of salt.

Now there are reports from Israel of Iranian Republican Guards being amongst the Hezbollah dead and, again, there are questions about the veracity of the "documents" found to support that.
Ok, what do people not understand about posting links of information that at least can substatiate claims.
Post a link

Not one person so far has posted any sort of Israeli propaganda plot using the MSM as a vehicle.

Link to the Republican Guard story, not much in the way of "propaganda"....if you ask me.  ::)
Edited to ass link: http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=b5e7bed2-1bb9-41d1-86ef-b80b294c50fe&k=12677

Wesley "Over There" (formerly Down Under) said:
So, what exactly are you saying Rfn?

One does not need a tinfoil hat to see those pics with the same bloke in them at different times wit the same corpses.

Wes

But how do we know that there were different times? Maybe its a plot by the Media to discredit the other medias and gain a story.

PB&J said:
Spare me the idioms, start posting the links of these that whom support the Israeli cause and use the MSM to further the agenda.

Maybe not support of Isreal but heres one

We need to attack Iraq cause they have "weapons of mass destruction".....

rifleman said:
Maybe not support of Isreal but heres one

We need to attack Iraq cause they have "weapons of mass destruction".....
::) Ok, spell it with me now I S R A E L...

rifleman,

the reports of the Palestinians in Palestine and Lebanon using staged scenes for propaganda go back decades, as well as their using Ambulances as troop carriers, etc, amongst the military/intelligence communities. I can recall the stories told over the kitchen table by family and friends about first-hand examples witnessed.

It's only now being brought to the main-stream consciousness. It's nothing new. It's not part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

Back