• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Almost 1 in 3 pilots in Pakistan have fake licenses, aviation minister says

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
More than 30% of civilian pilots in Pakistan have fake licenses and are not qualified to fly, the country's aviation minister revealed Wednesday.

Addressing Pakistan's National Assembly, Ghulam Sarwar Khan said 262 pilots in the country "did not take the exam themselves" and had paid someone else to sit it on their behalf.

"They don't have flying experience," he said.

Pakistan has 860 active pilots serving its domestic airlines -- including the country's Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flagship -- as well as a number of foreign carriers, Khan said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/25/business/pakistan-fake-pilot-intl-hnk/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0FrWpAWLmhe81qYGsuvzvEuv4fGPrQoW6PEmAsZivC0vpqi2QS02GixF8

Not suprised at all, I have many Pakistani buddies and am acquaintances with many more. I helped refine resumes for some of them looking for work and the... embellishments that were made blew my mind and not small embellishments either.

Now I have no baseline aside from Canada on how prevalent this is worldwide.. but it seemed astounding to me. On a seperate incident
I had the son of a prominent Indian Islamic scholar ask me to help him.. embellish his resume after his father asked me to look out for him. That blew my mind, my reputation is and well known to be extremely harsh.. any rate yeah.

Not suprised.

Back