• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Allowances - Post Living Differential (PLD) [MERGED]

Bradboy said:
Any update on this? Just found out I'm posted to Comox and curious if it has made the list for PLD yet.

No, sorry not a peep as yet.  I'm hoping that no news, will translate into good news.

jollyjacktar said:
No, sorry not a peep as yet.  I'm hoping that no news, will translate into good news.

Okay please advise when you hear something!

Hi,

I've recently heard about the federal government looking for ways to save money with cutbacks... I was told from one of my collages that pld was on the table with one of the options being to get rid of pld and lad, and give all members an extra sum of money... anybody hear of anything like this or pld getting relooked at..

Cheers

Yep - been the rumour since it started and some members of the public service cried foul about it.  I think the rumours start with the few of them that don't understand why we get it and they don't.

PLD just needs to be cut already. We aren't doing enough to drive people out of the military and this would help things along.

Has anyone heard anymore on this front? A rumour I heard was a decision would be reached by dec 1 2017...

That is what rumours are worth...nothing.

Unless a CANFORGEN is released, don't bank on rumours.

http://www.ombudsman.forces.gc.ca/en/ombudsman-news-events-media-letters/response_from_mnd_regarding_pld.page

Hasn't really been that long and I am sure the MND with the CDS will have it all sorted in no time ............ :eek:rly:

Got a quick question for the Clerk folks in the house...

I'm currently in Zone 1 PLD in Toronto.... Looks like my VOT is actually going to happen, while I will lose my appointment (Master Seaman) and my spec pay... 

My question is, while I am in Borden on my QL3, will I lose my PLD even with my primary residence and dependants remaining here in Toronto?

Thanks in Advance.

WEng87 said:
Got a quick question for the Clerk folks in the house...

I'm currently in Zone 1 PLD in Toronto.... Looks like my VOT is actually going to happen, while I will lose my appointment (Master Seaman) and my spec pay... 

My question is, while I am in Borden on my QL3, will I lose my PLD even with my primary residence and dependants remaining here in Toronto?

Thanks in Advance.

No. If your primary residence is occupied and is in Toronto, you will not lose your Toronto PLD while on course.

In fact, they just made an update to what is considered "occupied". It used to be that for your residence to be considered "occupied", you or your dependants had to actually be residing there. So, if YOU were single, you would lose your PLD, because while you're in Borden, your residence would be "unoccupied". However, they've changed the rule to be that it is considered occupied if your HG&E reside there. So, even if the house/apartment is not being lived in, it's still considered occupied if your HG&E are located there.

Another easy way to pump those defence spending numbers!

Kind of insane NCR is still zero; it's not much behind Victoria and some other markets in housing costs, and heating isn't cheap when it's winter for 5-6 months.

Another easy way to pump those defence spending numbers!

Kind of insane NCR is still zero; it's not much behind Victoria and some other markets in housing costs, and heating isn't cheap when it's winter for 5-6 months.
The only good thing I heard lately was the willingness to allow people to remote work in Halifax or Esquimalt even though those locations are also expensive and getting worse.

Back