• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Allowances - Post Living Differential (PLD) [MERGED]

I was just talking to a well placed C1 buddy of mine. He spent all of yesterday and today fielding calls from people who said they were done and was trying to talk them down. It certainly seems some have given up and are looking for a exit. I guess the next step is an "equable" SDA/LDA revamp.

Allowances for posting messages make no sense.

Bigger amounts directly tied to activity make more sense, from a compensation perspective.

I was just talking to a well placed C1 buddy of mine. He spent all of yesterday and today fielding calls from people who said they were done and was trying to talk them down. It certainly seems some have given up and are looking for a exit. I guess the next step is an "equable" SDA/LDA revamp.

I mean, what do you say to that though? "Don't worry it'll get better"? Well, no. This was actually a clear sign that the government isn't at all interested in actual improvements for CAF members.

Woke commie nonsense.
.... nope. Not what my point was.

We had all the mechanisms in place to do the right thing. Folks chose not to. Now we are playing by someone else's rulebook.

You read the CAF Direction on Inclusion or Trusted to Serve... all of those are summed up nicely by the principles of leadership folks have fucked off for decades.

We have had policies in place saying "Don't be a piece of shit to people" for ages. They weren't being applied. Now we are in the place we are having "woke commie nonsense" take its place.

PLD to CFHD is just another example. No one wanted to rip the band-aid off in 2010 when it was time to recalculate the rates, so instead they froze them.... for almost 15 yyears. That's weak leadership and now it's come to bite people in the ass.

We, the CAF, are our own worst enemy when it comes to getting more "woke commie nonsense." FAFO and all that applies to us just as much as any other sector of society.

In the town hall thing I watched about this it really sounded like they were bragging the CAF was saving 30 million a year. They made it sound like there would be onesies and twosies that might be losing money but overall most CAF members were benefitting from this so I thought, neat, and they saved 30 mil.

I don't know if people's math is off but it sure sounds like a lot of people will have less money coming in twice a month.

In the town hall thing I watched about this it really sounded like they were bragging the CAF was saving 30 million a year. They made it sound like there would be onesies and twosies that might be losing money but overall most CAF members were benefitting from this so I thought, neat, and they saved 30 mil.

I don't know if people's math is off but it sure sounds like a lot of people will have less money coming in twice a month.
I think "globally" across the CAF it's a small number, but locally it will be significant.

When the two coasts get hit with this, it means essentially that the entire RCN is getting hit, similarly, 1 CMBG will be hit much harder than 2 CMBG.

I think that realistically, most people will at worst come out to about what they had been getting before, but that means that essentially they are getting paid in 2020 dollars in 2023... so it's still a loss.

I think "globally" across the CAF it's a small number, but locally it will be significant.

When the two coasts get hit with this, it means essentially that the entire RCN is getting hit, similarly, 1 CMBG will be hit much harder than 2 CMBG.

I think that realistically, most people will at worst come out to about what they had been getting before, but that means that essentially they are getting paid in 2020 dollars in 2023... so it's still a loss.

The average cost of housing in Renfrew County was $491K in 2022, and if you want to live close to the Base, Petawawa was at $544K. That's pretty damn close to Edmonton minus a couple hundred thousand people and amenities.

The average cost of housing in Renfrew County was $491K in 2022, and if you want to live close to the Base, Petawawa was at $544K. That's pretty damn close to Edmonton minus a couple hundred thousand people and amenities.
Yep, but 2 CMBG pers are getting more money, some Edmonton pers will get less money.

491k!?

That's child's play my friend. That gets you a shoe box in Esquimalt 🤣

My wife sold Mortgages in Victoria. When we left, the last deal she did was $475,000.00 for a 438sqft bachelor pad 😉.

Yep, but 2 CMBG pers are getting more money, some Edmonton pers will get less money.
Proof that the CAF makes no sense. I would have gotten significantly less money, in one of Canada's most expensive markets 🤣 if I were still in.

Back