• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Better get that resume tuned up...

A wave of layoffs is sweeping the US. Here are firms that have announced cuts so far, from Carvana to Netflix.​

• In the first few months of 2022, a wave of layoffs swept across American business.
  • The cuts stem from slower business growth, paired with rising labor costs.
  • The layoffs cut across industries, from mortgage lending to digital-payment processing.

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Better get that resume tuned up...

A wave of layoffs is sweeping the US. Here are firms that have announced cuts so far, from Carvana to Netflix.​

• In the first few months of 2022, a wave of layoffs swept across American business.
  • The cuts stem from slower business growth, paired with rising labor costs.
  • The layoffs cut across industries, from mortgage lending to digital-payment processing.

A lot of Tech and a lot Service Industries. I always thought work from home would lead to job losses. If you can be outsourced, that means your job can be outsourced 😁

Plus companies have probably started amassing pretty good analytics now on remote vs office outputs.

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score

Government data suggests the first two shots offer little protection against an Omicron infection — "There's almost no protection," Tam said earlier this month — and data from other countries similarly suggest the primary series offers negligible levels of protection against transmission.

I must have not been paying attention a year and a half ago when Dr. Tam first said “there’s almost no protection”….oh wait, she didn’t.

And Health Minister Duclos says:
Duclos said every Canadian adult should have had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine in the last nine months. Canadians who got a shot last summer are no longer "up to date," he said, and they need to roll up their sleeves now for a booster.

To that end, Duclos said Canada will no longer call people who've had two doses "fully vaccinated." But he didn't say if the government's vaccine mandates will be adjusted to dictate people have three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.

And people wonder why there is eroding trust in our Government??

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Until you have a large population with two shots, determining that a rapidly mutating virus may not be adequately prevented by only two shots is not surprising.

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
That came 24 hrs after he dropped the mandates at airports. No stops, if fully vaccinated. OBTW, fully vaxxed is now three shots.

I had the original first two shots, hardly ever wore a mask, didn't social distance among friends and never caught covid. With all the side effects rearing their heads, I highly doubt I'll take any more. I no longer pay attention what trudeau and his minions order us to do. While he may have won the vote. He wasn't given a mandate, by Canadians, to destroy our country or ignore our wishes. I can ignore him just as easy as he ignores us.

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

I must have not been paying attention a year and a half ago when Dr. Tam first said “there’s almost no protection”….oh wait, she didn’t.

And Health Minister Duclos says:

And people wonder why there is eroding trust in our Government??

I'll agree that Dr Tam does lack the ability of precognition; she probably missed that class during med school and residency, shame on her. And shame on Covid for evolving into different variants including "Omicron" and its now emerging sub-variants that challenge previous vaccine regimes. If only she had known in December 2020 or January 2021 (a year and a half ago depending on how loose one interprets it) that "Omicron" would be first reported on 24 November 2021, she could have made the prediction that booster shots of vaccines (that had, in most cases, only received emergency use authorization in Dec 2020) would be necessary.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
The NDP are nothing if not predictable, and are experts at taking advantage of a gigantic crisis to build their base. I assume that similar trends might be seen nationally.

But the time to pay the Piper is coming ;)

Tracking B.C.’s industry employment dynamics through the pandemic – and the public sector’s oversize role in job creation​

With the provincial unemployment rate hovering near record lows and the total number of people employed in the province up nearly 100,000 since the start of the pandemic, in aggregate the labour market has mostly recovered.

But three of every four new jobs created in the province since the start of the pandemic have been in the public sector.

As the final figure below shows, private sector employment (consisting of paid employees plus those who are self-employed) is well below its pre-pandemic growth trend.

For a more complete and durable economic recovery, job creation in the private sector will need to accelerate. Relying on the public sector to drive and sustain employment growth is not a viable long-term strategy for the province.