• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
It was about 10 minutes between the announcement and my kids’ school firing off an email about how this would work. It seems they may have known ahead of time.
I suspect it's more likely school / schoolboard leadership making plans in advance because they were bright enough to see the writing on the wall and chose to plan ahead.

I have heard that for the last round of changes in Ontario (to five day isolation periods etc) that public health units learned of the decision by watching Dr Moore make the announcement - no advance notice.

kev994

Reaction score
Western Canada was in a deep freeze of temperatures averaging -20c plus windchill. You can't bike in these conditions.

Closing gyms to healthy vaccinated people in the middle of winter is completely moronic.
I biked to work routinely in Winnipeg at -35, it just takes longer to get dressed.

Spencer100

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I suspect it's more likely school / schoolboard leadership making plans in advance because they were bright enough to see the writing on the wall and chose to plan ahead.

I have heard that for the last round of changes in Ontario (to five day isolation periods etc) that public health units learned of the decision by watching Dr Moore make the announcement - no advance notice.
School boards and teacher unions are the ones pushing for the lockdowns.

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score

The administrators would have had multiple contingency plans in place, with different COAs depending on what the Politicians said.

My Mother used to be the Superintendent of a large School District. At that level, planning looks a lot like what you would see in the Higher Levels of the Military or any other large organization for that matter.

kev994

Reaction score
Didn't know Ontario had 140,000 people in hospital. We have a great Healthcare system then.
They’re saying that 1% of people who get infected are ending up in hospital, so if the entire population gets infected that allegedly where we’ll be.

Quirky

Reaction score
I biked to work routinely in Winnipeg at -35, it just takes longer to get dressed.
No thank you and doesn’t replace a realistic and sustainable fitness routine. People who support gym closures don’t have a daily resistance training program and solely rely on mundane mild cardio “training” or other body weight exercising. The benefits of weight training as a lifestyle far outweigh any negatives of contracting a flu virus while vaccinated. Policy makers are just grasping at the straws at this point with no data to support their closures.

kev994

Reaction score
C’mon, don’t knock it without trying it, you just need wool, goretex and a pair of goggles that won’t fog up (that’s the hardest part). It’s extremely popular in the Nordic countries where they’ve accounted for it in their infrastructure.

kev994

Reaction score
But the entire population won't get infected simultaneously LOL so what is the point of this statement?
Of course not, but presumably the people who end up in hospital will be there for some time, so I’m guessing there would be considerable overlap.

Altair

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
Of course not, but presumably the people who end up in hospital will be there for some time, so I’m guessing there would be considerable overlap.
its a darn shame other nations can handle these surges while we are paralyzed by it.

suffolkowner

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
C’mon, don’t knock it without trying it, you just need wool, goretex and a pair of goggles that won’t fog up (that’s the hardest part). It’s extremely popular in the Nordic countries where they’ve accounted for it in their infrastructure.
right now I'm working on developing my all natural organic insulation layer like a seal or a walrus thank you very much :D

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
They’re saying that 1% of people who get infected are ending up in hospital, so if the entire population gets infected that allegedly where we’ll be.
Who cares about infections. Only those taken into care and actual deaths due TO, not WITH, covid as the main condition, (not as a positive test when you go to emergency for a broken arm or die of dementia) is what should be counted. That to me, that is the important metric. Just like the flu. Who cares who has caught it, or how many cases of it, if they are still able to function daily. Only those that have been hospitalized specifically for the flu should be counted. They've been using this case metric all along as a scare tactic, to make this virus a social engineered pandemic. As this continues to motor along, I have less and less respect and inclination to listen to politicians or their unelected medical 'experts.' I'll bet dollars to donuts that if we stopped giving hospital administrations extra cash for covid counts, we'd see a drastic drop in hospital cases. But then, I am absolutely skeptic of anything remotely attached to covid right now. I just can't bring myself to believe anyone in authority. I'm betting history (if it is ever honestly written) will show this as the greatest fraud perpetrated on the human race surpassing religion and climate change. Perhaps we can get Pfizer to spring loose some of the alleged $37 billion dollars they made last quarter to help all those that have lost their livelihoods due to this bullshit.

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
There's a difference between "shows up at hospital" and "needs inpatient care". The latter number is the one that produces problems, if any.

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
There's a difference between "shows up at hospital" and "needs inpatient care". The latter number is the one that produces problems, if any.
Yes there is. Doesn't change things though. It's just part of my overall disillusionment.

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Are people not being flown from where there is no capacity/staffing to where there is?

Why, yes they are.

As medical professionals in Ontario’s health care system have been working tirelessly to keep up with record-high COVID-19 cases, paramedics with Ornge air ambulance and other paramedic services have been working around the clock to transfer patients across the province in order to help manage strained intensive care unit capacity.

Good for them. Years ago, when Metro maintained a small fleet of buses, they could have helped handle the surge.

Now, they are down to their last two, and both have been out of service for repairs for over four months.

From reading the "Declination of Transport during Covid-19 Omricon Surge" directive, they may need to take an Uber.