• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

Quirky

Reaction score
Nope. Not you at all.

I was being more general, but our resident ‘let the old people die, they’ve had their time’ member who appeared to be leaning towards outing a specific racial group for bad COVID behaviour.

Regards
G2G

You have to be pretty naive not to figure out who lives in the third world of Brampton and Mississauga and overlaying google maps and Covid areas spikes. This is more of a problem of individuals living in cities not following guidelines and living in multiple family houses, not race. NE Calgary has/had the same problem with having spikes in cases over the rest of the city.

Ontario has seen multiple thousands of vacant vaccine appointments for the elderly. Their lives will be in their hands at this point. It’s almost like they don’t care anymore. Time to open up vaccines to every age group country wide.

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
I’m not being naive at all, but I’m also not prejudging sub-sub-sub-sets of Province/City/Municipality, particularly where ethnicity of COVID cases, AFAIK, isn’t available/provided to the public. Do you factually know the ethnic breakdown of COVID cases in Peel Region? I haven’t seen a smaller breakdown than that, so why are you saying Brampton?

Bruce Monkhouse

Army.ca Myth
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Quirky.....just my opinion, but you desecrate everything I always thought was the best part of being a soldier. Placing the weaker, regardless of age/race/creed behind the 'line' to be protected, even at the cost of our lives. Yet you seem have no issue throwing these same people under the bus.....

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
Big problem in Ottawa are organised sports teams. Too many are car pooling to practice and games and then players and parents gather after events. Then they complain that little Johnny is suffering because he’ll never make then NHL if he can’t play.
While your anecdote might make you feel good to blame someone, it's not statistically based. Sports and Recreation outbreaks on the Ottawa Public Health website is less than 100 cases and in actual fact, workplaces are exponentially worse. There's also very little evidence that children are "super spreaders", ranting about children trying to enjoy their childhood is pretty ridiculous. By your logic we should shut down all public transit and taxi cabs.

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
The culture of the ethnicity that dominates Surry in BC, is one of large multi-generational families living together with strong need to socialize with the community, along with a large older portion that is not fluent in English has led to that area being the predominate driver of infections in the Lower Mainland. The culture and the practices do play a part. Hell if it was all Finns living here, we likely barely have a first wave....

Kilted

Reaction score
You have to be pretty naive not to figure out who lives in the third world of Brampton and Mississauga and overlaying google maps and Covid areas spikes. This is more of a problem of individuals living in cities not following guidelines and living in multiple family houses, not race. NE Calgary has/had the same problem with having spikes in cases over the rest of the city.

Ontario has seen multiple thousands of vacant vaccine appointments for the elderly. Their lives will be in their hands at this point. It’s almost like they don’t care anymore. Time to open up vaccines to every age group country wide.

You have to be pretty naive not to figure out who lives in the third world of Brampton and Mississauga and overlaying google maps and Covid areas spikes.
I feel like other people have been banned for less?

Remius

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
While your anecdote might make you feel good to blame someone, it's not statistically based. Sports and Recreation outbreaks on the Ottawa Public Health website is less than 100 cases and in actual fact, workplaces are exponentially worse. There's also very little evidence that children are "super spreaders", ranting about children trying to enjoy their childhood is pretty ridiculous. By your logic we should shut down all public transit and taxi cabs.
It’s the parents. Not the kids. It isn’t the sports and recreation itself. It’s the get togethers after. Beer leagues are as much to blame as well.

Denial is why we are where we are.

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
I feel like other people have been banned for less?
The "third world" reference was inappropriate and I shall not be recommending Quirky for a position in our Diplomatic Corps, however reality cannot be ignored and the likelihood of greater spread within certain communities must be considered and hopefully prevented.

Until a little over a year ago, I had a twelve-member family of Syrian refugees living next door (I've never had better neighbours, and I'd much rather have them back than put up with the 100% Canadian rectum who succeeded them). The father and two eldest sons were working in general labour jobs (obviously, no ability to do that from home) and several younger children were in school. They were working extremely hard to support themselves, but their budget did not allow luxuries and they were rather cramped for space. The local Muslim community are close, in keeping with their culture and varying levels of English competency, and they all support each other.

Up until the latest Ontario lockdown, their mosque was still in operation to some degree. Whether it was running at normal or reduced capacity, I could not say, but there does seem to be some reluctance for politicians and media to criticize certain communities so it would not surprise me if they are being left alone - and I have no problem with that at all.

One person getting sick could easily, then, infect many others quite quickly.

Areas in other cities with much larger densities of immigrants from non-Western countries with large families and reliant on low-skilled jobs are even more vulnerable.

Loachman

Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Denial is why we are where we are.
Well, that and the Chinese Communist Party's interest in dabbling with gain-of-function activities and willingness to exploit the unfortunate escape of one of its results...

Loachman

Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
I hope you got to try some of their food. It's amazing.
Yes. I'd often get a knock on my door to find either the father or one of the children holding a plate of something freshly made, and all of the local families extended invitations to a communal Iftar dinner one evening several years ago. This family was privately sponsored, and well-supported by their sponsors, who were also present. Some of these people had lived in Syria in better times, and spoke Arabic.

I did some minor furniture repairs for them in return, and fashioned a new handle for a bone-chopping hatchet.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Yes. I'd often get a knock on my door to find either the father or one of the children holding a plate of something freshly made, and all of the local families extended invitations to a communal Iftar dinner one evening several years ago. This family was privately sponsored, and well-supported by their sponsors, who were also present. Some of these people had lived in Syria in better times, and spoke Arabic.

I did some minor furniture repairs for them in return, and fashioned a new handle for a bone-chopping hatchet.

We were in Toronto a couple of years ago and some Sikhs were out in front of the CN Tower... feeding people.

My kids, white bread Vancouver Island recluses, were freaked out of course but I hustled them up to the food truck and we had a great feast.

Things that don't suck about Canada....

Messerschmitt

Reaction score

Pentagon unveils microchip that senses Covid in the body​

If somebody would've told you this in person, you would've thought he is the biggest conspiracy nut.
And lol, people thought the chip is in the vaccine hahaha.

Weinie

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

Pentagon unveils microchip that senses Covid in the body​

If somebody would've told you this in person, you would've thought he is the biggest conspiracy nut.
And lol, people thought the chip is in the vaccine hahaha.
From the first article:

"And they have also developed a revolutionary filter that can remove the virus from the patient’s blood through a dialysis machine."

If this is indeed true, then a whole host of diseases, from AIDS, to EBOLA, are within the realm of being managed to the point that they can be considered eradicated.

Messerschmitt

Reaction score
We have reached global scrutiny.

Trudeau says the UK is facing a very serious Third Wave, despite our restrictions and vaccinations. Why have we not been told this in the UK! How dare the UK govt keep this vital info from us! Heads must roll! [etc etc]
I love fake outrage

Loachman

Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Josh Duncan April 13, 2021

A Kelowna gym has announced that it won’t be taking new membership applications from anyone who’s received a COVID-19 vaccine until 2023 at the earliest.

Flow Academy offers classes in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, kickboxing, yoga, meditation and more, but for the foreseeable future those classes will only be available to those who haven’t been vaccinated.

A notice on the membership section of the gym’s website explains the decision.

“This decision was made after much discussion with other health, wellness and fitness-related facilities across Canada (both public and private), as well as liability insurance companies,” the message reads.

“To put it simply, the unknown health effects of the mRNA vaccines, as well as reported side effects such as viral shedding, seizures and death following the administration of these vaccines, are not covered by our liability.”

Interior Health is familiar with the gym, as the health authority said it has already issued an order and ticket to Flow Academy on back-to-back days in February for not complying with public health orders.

In a statement to NowMedia, IH expressed its disagreement with the gym’s stance on vaccinations.

“There is no public health basis for a policy excluding people who are immunized against COVID-19,” the statement explained. “Immunization prevents the spread of disease and protects patrons and staff.”

Flow Academy said that it will re-evaluate the policy "when clinical trials of this experimental injection are completed in 2023.”

NowMedia has reached out to the gym for further comment but we have not yet received a reply.

Remius

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Josh Duncan April 13, 2021

A Kelowna gym has announced that it won’t be taking new membership applications from anyone who’s received a COVID-19 vaccine until 2023 at the earliest.

Flow Academy offers classes in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, kickboxing, yoga, meditation and more, but for the foreseeable future those classes will only be available to those who haven’t been vaccinated.

A notice on the membership section of the gym’s website explains the decision.

“This decision was made after much discussion with other health, wellness and fitness-related facilities across Canada (both public and private), as well as liability insurance companies,” the message reads.

“To put it simply, the unknown health effects of the mRNA vaccines, as well as reported side effects such as viral shedding, seizures and death following the administration of these vaccines, are not covered by our liability.”

Interior Health is familiar with the gym, as the health authority said it has already issued an order and ticket to Flow Academy on back-to-back days in February for not complying with public health orders.

In a statement to NowMedia, IH expressed its disagreement with the gym’s stance on vaccinations.

“There is no public health basis for a policy excluding people who are immunized against COVID-19,” the statement explained. “Immunization prevents the spread of disease and protects patrons and staff.”

Flow Academy said that it will re-evaluate the policy "when clinical trials of this experimental injection are completed in 2023.”

NowMedia has reached out to the gym for further comment but we have not yet received a reply.
It will re evaluate the policy when it runs out of business...

Quirky

Reaction score
How do you even prove that anyone is NOT vaccinated? Just lie on your membership application.

And BC complains about red plates in their province when they have their own idiots in-house.