• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All things Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

lenaitch

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Pot. Kettle. I literally don’t care you old folk got triggered. This forum is a bunch of doomers afraid of some flu. It’s pretty pathetic.

But you do care, because you keep coming back to revel in the reaction your comments are generating. You're continued reference to this being 'just another flu' flies in the face of a world full of medical expertise but, of course, those references don't appear on the echo chambers you haunt.

The "triggered" response is typical of an Internet troll who treats any feedback as a win, like some kind of prize for clicks. I suppose I'm as guilty as anyone for feeding you.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
No Weinie; as G2D stated, my statement was meant for Quirky. Mea culpa for any misunderstaning.

Walt
IMO about 30 years ago our dear Quirky would have been taken to the low ground behind the M113 for a session of counselling.

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
Pot. Kettle. I literally don’t care you old folk got triggered. This forum is a bunch of doomers afraid of some flu. It’s pretty pathetic.
Are you this gross of a person in real life, or is it just because of the social and reputational safety afforded by operating anonymously behind a keyboard?

PuckChaser

Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
I think we're probably good on the dogpile folks, the member likely gets the point.

- Milnet.ca Staff

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
As a gen Xer I’m not technically “old” folk. And I don’t care that some snowflake millennial finds it “tough” to stay home. Guess we were raised different.

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
So looks like Ontario is moving to another stay at home order tomorrow.

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
And I don’t care that some snowflake millennial finds it “tough” to stay home

Yet all the boomers I know are finding it very easy to stay home. I suppose older people are more emotionally resilient.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Yet all the boomers I know are finding it very easy to stay home. I suppose older people are more emotionally resilient.

Dude, I've been enjoying my own company for a long time now.

I don't need an excuse like COVID :)

college university GIF by WestVirginiaU

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Down in my little corner of Manitoba, Covid has seemed to be a minor inconvenience. According to my sources locally in the Killarney - Boissivain areas only one person has contracted Covid. But according to the latest numbers from the Province , this is how Prairie Mountain and Brandon are being affected by the 3rd wave:

BRANDON:
Total cases on dashboard: 1025 (no change)
Active cases on dashboard: 5 (-1)
Recoveries on dashboard: 998 (+1)
Deaths: 22 (no change)

PRAIRIE MOUNTAIN HEALTH REGION:
Reported new cases: 4
Total cases on dashboard: 2222 (+5)
Active cases on dashboard: 69 (+1)
Recoveries on dashboard: 2099 (+4)
Deaths: 54 (no change)
Active Hospitalizations: 0 (no change)
ICU Active patients: 0 (no change)

Of note, 31 of Prairie Mountain’s active cases are showing as being in the Porcupine Mountain region and 24 from the Turtle Mountain region.

In Manitoba as a whole, the province is reporting 62 new cases of COVID-19 and a five day test positivity rate of 5.3% in Manitoba.

OldSolduer

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Our top doc in Manitoba recommended mask wearing outside. I’m not particularly keen on this.

Quirky

Reaction score

It’s pretty easy when you grow up in a time with the most economic growth in history. Reap all the benefits without doing anything, but now screw the current generations. I got mine so go F yourself right?

People will ignore the order in Ontario, guaranteed. I love Doug Ford, keeps 'listening' to the 'health experts' and cries to lock down the province. I can imagine his own doctor would like to see him lose some weight. Diabetes is a real problem.

Mick

Reaction score
Statistically speaking still, no, younger people are still unaffected. Our death rate isn't spiking from these variants and cases are meaningless at this point. Death rates will crash as the most vulnerable get vaccinated, and cases climb as people no longer feel a moral obligation to protect the elderly. Young people can die from any number of factors, including heart failure, this doesn't make Covid any more frighting. If nature wants you dead, you will be die. Modern medicine can't always save you. Bunkering in my house like a god damn idiot afraid of a Brazilian or UK variant of the China virus is pathetic.

Each store i've been to has dedicated senior hours, however these old fossils still struggle
It’s pretty easy when you grow up in a time with the most economic growth in history. Reap all the benefits without doing anything, but now screw the current generations. I got mine so go F yourself right?

People will ignore the order in Ontario, guaranteed. I love Doug Ford, keeps 'listening' to the 'health experts' and cries to lock down the province. I can imagine his own doctor would like to see him lose some weight. Diabetes is a real problem.

"I got mine so go F yourself" pretty much sums up your whole argument.

At least you're not feigning concern for other's employment status, mental health, etc. anymore.

The truth is, you're mildly inconvenienced, and you won't stop whining about it.

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
According to my sources locally in the Killarney - Boissivain areas only one person has contracted Covid. But according to the latest numbers from the Province , this is how Prairie Mountain and Brandon are being affected by the 3rd wave:
Really nice people in Killarney. Went to my sister's wedding there with my wife and parents.

Glad to know they are relatively unaffected by Covid.

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
It’s pretty easy when you grow up in a time with the most economic growth in history.

That's absurd. Life has gotten easier for each succeeding generation. Boomers are resilient because they, like generations before them, took on the usual challenges and responsibilities of life at early adult ages, and had less or no recourse to everything taken for granted by succeeding generations.

Bruce Monkhouse

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Maybe death from COVID shouldn't be the biggest fear for some people: A third of COVID survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders - study

"Anxiety, at 17%, and mood disorders, at 14%, were the most common, and did not appear to be related to how mild or severe the patient’s COVID-19 infection had been."
I got into a 'discussion ' with a coworker this morning about the 99,7% recovery rate this "flu" has. I pointed out several coworkers on duty with us today that are still having effects. I said "if I shot you in the leg and you end up dragging it around for the rest of your life, did you actually "recover" from me shooting you?"

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
None of your links have ages. Only the CTV article tries to make a correlative link between variants and a "wall of 30 somethings". That's not data. That's hyperbole. Show me the median ages of ICU patients by variant.

I want to see data for non-virus ICU patients as well.

I reliable source told me that a local hospital's ICU was indeed full, but only had two virus-related patients. The bulk of the rest were drug overdoses.

Without a full breakdown, including comparisons to previous years, it's not possible to get a true idea of what is happening. What are the normal numbers for drug overdoses, suicide attempts, car/motorcycle smashes etcetera?

Why is this information not freely available? Is it simply that nobody sees it as relevant/important, or is it being deliberately unreported?

Conspiratorial minds need to know...

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
That's absurd. Life has gotten easier for each succeeding generation. Boomers are resilient because they, like generations before them, took on the usual challenges and responsibilities of life at early adult ages, and had less or no recourse to everything taken for granted by succeeding generations.

I get dragged into this argument with my daughter too regularly - "your generation - your generation - your generation".

Every period in time, and location on this planet, has different characteristics.

Much of the pre-Boomer generation went through rather sucky times, those that survived them created a better world (or at least that part with which we are familiar), and some things continued to get better and some things went the other way. Those of us in the "privileged" generation had to work a little harder than most kids today, but lacked the once-luxuries that so many now take for granted. The grass is digitally greener than on the other side now.

I'm still glad that I was born "back then" and not now, because I know what I'd have missed, and would probably have been more envious and lazier.

There are plusses and minuses to everything, including time periods. Nothing was the same, is the same, or will be the same - or necessarily better or worse, just different.

And the pendulum continues to swing.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And weak men create hard times.”

- G Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain