• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

There is a lot of money to be made in treating obesity and all the health issues that go along with it. Trillions, likely.
An old saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? Yes there is beaucoup dollars to be made in the "health care" and "fitness" industries.

An old saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? Yes there is beaucoup dollars to be made in the "health care" and "fitness" industries.

Biometrics might be the wave of the future... viz:

Could wearable devices save police officers' lives and careers?​

If supervisors could see an officer’s biometric response in real-time during high-stress calls such as a traffic stop or pursuit, intervention could occur without delay

One indicator of the likely growth of wearables is economic. By current estimates, in the next 25 years, we should see wearable technology prosper at a global cost savings of about $200 billion in the health care sector. [5] This cost savings is not only for the end-user patients. Operating costs for hospitals are expected to be reduced by 16% in the next five years due to wearable technology. [5]

The next generation of the workforce values an organization's commitment to professional development and technology. [11] The expansion of wellness programs to include fitness and nutrition considerations aligns with this trend and highlights the prioritization of overall health for police officers to do the job. Given as much as 20% of the population already use smartwatches and similar fitness devices [4], the future generation of police officers will value staying informed and managing their personal health and wellbeing. The trend of wearables could not only address your fitness but could even go so far as to tell you how to be a better-trained police officer.

Doesn't seem like it with the decline in the CAF physical fitness standards. The FORCE test is a joke.

There is a lot of money to be made in treating obesity and all the health issues that go along with it. Trillions, likely.
Its not just a decline in CAF standards its a decline in Canadian fitness in general. I have witnessed 16 year old male potential recruits fail the Force test (and not at the sandbag drag part).

Considering I am not in the best of shape myself (don’t work out, do a bit of strength work with my job, but otherwise next to no cardio in my life) and I purposely go as slow as possible on the test to prove a point and still pass with ease, it is scary where our society is heading.
When captured German soldiers were given medical examinations by the Allies it was noted that Germans - the SS in particular- were bigger, fit and health issues were minimal.

Physical and mental fitness are a national security matter as well as a health issue.
That was one thing the Fascists had figured out, physical fitness was a big thing for them. Instead the West has basically given up with ‘body positivity’ becoming the replacement for physical fitness.

That was one thing the Fascists had figured out, physical fitness was a big thing for them.

Perhaps mandatory physical and military training was more common back then.

For example, America drafted men between 1940 and 1973. They even got Elvis!

Not to suggest one generation was greater than another, or if the draft was a good idea, or not.

But, at least the military had men available who were reasonably healthy and fit, with basic military and trade training who might not have joined otherwise.

As mentioned,

Physical and mental fitness are a national security matter as well as a health issue.

I don't think it's really rocket science; we shifted from the industrial age to the information age and a lot of people no longer do physical labour outside of planned exercise. Farm kids that don't go to the gym will still be pretty fit, and anyone with a physical labour job will be physically fit (but maybe beat up). Best shape I was ever in was when I spent my summer landscaping and playing rugby.

Yeah, most of what comes out of David Wolfe's mouth is pretty damn hilarious. :ROFLMAO:
Yep. The irony of the biggest conspiracy theorist before Trump and COVID posting something about conspiracy theorists is strong.

I don't get raw food activists; I think they missed the part in biology where you need to be able to digest the food for any of the nutritional value to matter (I think the proper term is 'bioavailability').

I'm a big fan of salads etc, but some things just need to be cooked, and some things taste really good when cooked and/or combined in ways you just can't do with raw food. No idea why some people have to be 'all or nothing' about things, I can like having an apple, while also liking apple pie. It's also an environmentally unsustainable diet, as it relies on water intense things like avocado and almonds for protein, but you can't do beans like a normal vegetarian.

I've only met a few 'raw foodies' and they seemed to think it was a personality. If a raw foodie, a vegan, and a cross fitter get together for a coffee, seems like it would be 3 people talking about themselves.

I don't get raw food activists; I think they missed the part in biology where you need to be able to digest the food for any of the nutritional value to matter (I think the proper term is 'bioavailability').

I'm a big fan of salads etc, but some things just need to be cooked, and some things taste really good when cooked and/or combined in ways you just can't do with raw food. No idea why some people have to be 'all or nothing' about things, I can like having an apple, while also liking apple pie. It's also an environmentally unsustainable diet, as it relies on water intense things like avocado and almonds for protein, but you can't do beans like a normal vegetarian.

I've only met a few 'raw foodies' and they seemed to think it was a personality. If a raw foodie, a vegan, and a cross fitter get together for a coffee, seems like it would be 3 people talking about themselves.

Add in Clearance Diver, Fire Fighter and Pilot and the world implode do to too high a concentration of selfie taking.

And the environmental impact of shipping avocados to places like Canada. I get the impression a lot of vegetarians would have died out back in the day of canning and jarring to survive the winter…

And the environmental impact of shipping avocados to places like Canada. I get the impression a lot of vegetarians would have died out back in the day of canning and jarring to survive the winter…
Don't get me wrong, I like avodcados and almonds, but it does seem stupid to me to say ethical and environmental reasons are driving your diet, and then ignore that most of it will have to travel thousands of miles to get to you, and maybe water intense crops in a drought area isn't the best idea.

Meanwhile I can have a pretty balanced diet from local foods from within 100 km as an omnivore no problem, and sure I could do the same as a vegetarian.

It wasn't that long ago that people used to get oranges as presents at Christmas. My mother and father in law remember that.

The west has an unrealistic expectation that all manner of "exotic" food stuffs will always be available.

Vegetarianism/ Veganism are the highest form of western privilege IMHO.

It wasn't that long ago that people used to get oranges as presents at Christmas. My mother and father in law remember that.

The west has an unrealistic expectation that all manner of "exotic" food stuffs will always be available.

Vegetarianism/ Veganism are the highest form of western privilege IMHO.
I remember that. I would get a tangerine. A hold over from those times. I still put one in my son’s sock lol.

I never expected my question to expand to 57 pages of input.

I See You Soccer GIF by UEFA

Add in Clearance Diver, Fire Fighter and Pilot and the world implode do to too high a concentration of selfie taking.

HT, you mis-sequenced the list…pilot should always be first… 😆

1673628538016.jpeg

Back