• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

I work in a hospital and know of a least a dozen times that I know of where I exposed to Covid positive patients. I am comfortable with.those encounters. What bothers me is is my daily ride back and forth to work on the bus.
You bet I am going to wear a m 95 or a medical grade mask.
Hell given the fact that some of the people who ride this bus even prior to the pandemic were selfpropelled biohazards.
I'd have no real problem wearing a NBC noddy suit.

I work in a hospital and know of a least a dozen times that I know of where I exposed to Covid positive patients. I am comfortable with.those encounters. What bothers me is is my daily ride back and forth to work on the bus.
You bet I am going to wear a m 95 or a medical grade mask.
Hell given the fact that some of the people who ride this bus even prior to the pandemic were selfpropelled biohazards.
I'd have no real problem wearing a NBC noddy suit.

Dude.... in case no one tells you this enough: thank you.

That is all... ;)

I had two rapid tests within the last two days both negative. Those are the only two tests I've had for Covid

I'll take false equivalencies for 500, Alex.
Is it a false equivalency? If all three things can measurably be found to save lives, how are they not equivalent? We don’t know how COVID is going to evolve, and the possibilities are more than binary. It is absolutely nonsense to declare now that the future will be either freedom & no masks or over-reach & masks.

Do you still get worked up about seatbelt mandates and mandates against smoking in restaurants?

No. Those are entirely different levels of hazards, more or less permanent.

People who wish to wear masks are welcome to do so.

No. Those are entirely different levels of hazards, more or less permanent.

People who wish to wear masks are welcome to do so.
I agree Brad. I'm not going to concern myself, with those that wish to keep wearing their masks. It's their choice.
The same as I'm free, not to wear one, without being criticized for it.

So is anyone aware of any actual changes?

Right now see it in stores here in Ottawa that a lot of people are voluntarily wearing masks when things are busy, which makes sense to me. I haven't seen anything about making required on public transit anywhere, but used to occasionally see it pre-pandemic during cold and flu season anyway, so might just be more common now for people to do it on their own.

Personally will play it by ear and roll with whatever I'm comfortable with, but after years of getting colds that turned into sinus infections, trying to minimize that with a mask while packed into a bus like sardines makes sense to me. Not going back to the office full time makes even more sense too, and no one alive misses their trips on OC Transpo or the STO in Gatineau (putting the Estie back in your commute since 1934).

Right now see it in stores here in Ottawa that a lot of people are voluntarily wearing masks when things are busy, which makes sense to me. I haven't seen anything about making required on public transit anywhere, but used to occasionally see it pre-pandemic during cold and flu season anyway, so might just be more common now for people to do it on their own.

Personally will play it by ear and roll with whatever I'm comfortable with, but after years of getting colds that turned into sinus infections, trying to minimize that with a mask while packed into a bus like sardines makes sense to me. Not going back to the office full time makes even more sense too, and no one alive misses their trips on OC Transpo or the STO in Gatineau (putting the Estie back in your commute since 1934).
From direct observation, more of a mix downtown and in the close suburbs (Barrhaven, Kanata, Nepean, Hunt Club) vs less masking in the surrounding rural areas (Metcalfe, Winchester and Kemptville). Probably a similar patter in other Urban/Suburban/Rural areas.

Not wearing a mask while in some restaurants while standing up felt weird for about 4 mins. The staff at some of them are unmasked as well.

I’ve been judging the crowd. I went into a drug store and everyone was wearing a mask. So I put one on.

I went to a gaming store. All masks still.

Had breakfast at a restaurant. Mixed. But I put one on in the waiting area.

Quick in and out at the gas station. I didn’t wear a mask.

Situations will vary for me. On the bus i’d be wearing a mask.

My son rode OC Transpo yesterday. Apparently masks are still required.

Keeping you safer | OC Transpo

Having worked in the government for almost 20 years now, with some time working with OGDs, I find it really hard to believe the GoC is organized enough to deliberately take advantage of the pandemic to do some Machivelian stuff behind closed doors. The people that think they are Maciveli are usually transparent assholes who are far less clever then they think, and get impeded from doing anything real by the decentralized, committee type nature of any big decision.

The fact that we got vaccines, the vaccines got distributed etc is a testament to the dedication of individuals working within the system. The various pandemic restrictions are slowly starting to get walked back.

Does anyone have real, concrete examples of lasting changes that will linger after the pandemic, where the GoC brought in new controls during the pandemic? It takes a long time to do things like even draft legislation, let alone get it passed and implemented, so the items that went through in the last year or so have been underway for years before the pandemic started.
I worked in Government as well, I agree that the disorganisation saves us from most nefarious activities. I have seen the attitude in the senior ranks of the Public Service and some political figures, that rules are for other people. A small example is the use of codewords for people to thwart ATIP requests. Governments need to be kept on a short lease.
Examples, lets take a look at the use of the Emergencies Act, the gun legislation, Hate speech legislation, carbon taxes, a host of other things that are all going to restrain peoples choices and activities in the future. The general attitude is to have more and more control over our day to day life.

Back