• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

All Things CAF and Covid/ Covid Vaccine [merged]

If you don't want to get charged, why risk it?

CF members have the same rights regarding politics as every other Canadian. That being said, according to the government's policy on conflict of interests:

"At all times, public service employees and members of the Canadian Armed Forces have a duty of loyalty towards the Government of Canada."

My advice... if you want a quick trip to the unemployment line, go for it.

For reference to the discussion,

7 pages.

I think the most logical post I have seen in the thread and explains why we need to push vaccines is the one that mentioned the vulnerable chid unable to receive it and at risk.

Passports I do think are funny and read an interesting take on that I can't recall the wording of but boils down to - If you did the right thing, got the needle to protect yourself, you have to carry something to prove it. The person that didn't get it doesn't have to carry anything, goes to the restaurant and sits on the patio. Can't go to the bar, house party. Theatre - who really goes there anymore? Stay home, make popcorn and enjoy the movie for a fraction with friends and family. Concerts - pay a small fortune to watch someone lip sync to their electronic altered recording? Stay home, have a party and turn on the radio. No gym - do anti-vaxxers actually use them? Who is really getting punished?

I think the most logical post I have seen in the thread and explains why we need to push vaccines is the one that mentioned the vulnerable chid unable to receive it and at risk.

Passports I do think are funny and read an interesting take on that I can't recall the wording of but boils down to - If you did the right thing, got the needle to protect yourself, you have to carry something to prove it. The person that didn't get it doesn't have to carry anything, goes to the restaurant and sits on the patio. Can't go to the bar, house party. Theatre - who really goes there anymore? Stay home, make popcorn and enjoy the movie for a fraction with friends and family. Concerts - pay a small fortune to watch someone lip sync to their electronic altered recording? Stay home, have a party and turn on the radio. No gym - do anti-vaxxers actually use them? Who is really getting punished?
I think it boils down to this. Working and getting an education in our society is an essential requirement. If going forward we require full vaccination or twice weekly testing to participate; I am on board 100%. Ideally in an outbreak when cases per day are above a regions average threshold, every person regardless of vaccination status should test twice a week to ensure we can shut the spread down.

However, if being vaccinated is the only requirement to partake in the above activities, I completely dressage with that premise.

As for restaurants, concerts, movies etc. I don't care if unvaccinated individuals can partake in that. I would just like to see it shutdown during an outbreak as described above.

If we are going to limit education and working to the vaccinated only, then we need to provide a social assistance to the ones that choose to not get vaccinated so they don't go homeless. Without this, then I feel we are infringing on their charter rights.

Recent court case in the US, where someone who has had Covid, showed that they already have the antibodies and do not need the vaccine

Is the plan to do LWOP for those that are not vaccinated and if they are in the shacks they will be removed?

If this is the case, are we allowing members to go back to their place of enrollment on or before November 15th to start LWOP? Also, are we then providing a final move after changing their terms of employment?

The message from the CDS said a directive for uniformed members would be coming shortly. I'd wait for that.

I find it odd that CAF health services deliver the vaccine to Reg F, but we will be using member self-reporting to track who has been immunized for meeting the federal employment obligation.

Have you asked your chain of command?
I'm currently at school and it won't affect me one way or the other. I'm just curious, what the plan is. If it is 4,000 members unvaccinated and our numbers are closer to 48k than 60k as alluded to in another thread, this seems like it may have a significant impact.

I have been waiting for the get vaccinated or get out Vs the we are ordering you to get the vaccine, refuse and go to Edmonton decision.

I also don't have a MM account and am waiting to see how I will be reporting on information they already have access to.

I find it odd that CAF health services deliver the vaccine to Reg F, but we will be using member self-reporting to track who has been immunized for meeting the federal employment obligation.
I thought that was very weird also. The only thing I could think of is that however Health Services tracks our shots that system does not easily talk to DWAN or that Health Services said it would be too hard to provide the info.

I thought that was very weird also. The only thing I could think of is that however Health Services tracks our shots that system does not easily talk to DWAN or that Health Services said it would be too hard to provide the info.
Maybe our health information is private and they have no right to it?

Maybe our health information is private and they have no right to it?
But according to the DWAN message that came out today we have to enter our vaccination status by 29 Oct 21 into Monitor Mass (with more direction to follow) so they are going to know that info.

But according to the DWAN message that came out today we have to enter our vaccination status by 29 Oct 21 into Monitor Mass (with more direction to follow) so they are going to know that info.
So you're telling me I'm going to get kicked out of the military because no one ever updates my MM and I can't update my own (long story)?

Yes, that will be the member voluntarily giving up their information. Without this voluntary action they probably need to pass a law or request access for the information through a court so they don't violate hippa or its Canadian equivalent?

I find the whole situation fascinating.

My main concern is, are we going to look after those that made the choice to not get vaccinated? Also,going forward, what will this mean for people like me that are on the fence for getting a booster

Back