• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Alert, Warning order to follow Toronto deputy mayor thinking of asking for troop

Journeyman said:
That's coming. Shortly, they will be required by law in every domicile in Ontario.Great, more legislation to keep Darwin from working effectively.  If you're stupid enough to run something like a gas BBQ in your apartment, giddy up.

...please do it before you breed.

Gas..... a couple of them were using charcoal BBQs ::)

Dec 27 in Markham we had a linesman zap a pole saw on a "dead line" hell we could see it was ripped off the pole. turns out some yahoo had his generator wired into the house with out a back feed preventer, took us 3 hours to find it because he had it running in his basement so his neighbors would not 1. steal it. 2, ask to hook up to it, or 3, Bitch about the noise.

Journeyman said:
That's coming. Shortly, they will be required by law in every domicile in Ontario.Great, more legislation to keep Darwin from working effectively.  If you're stupid enough to run something like a gas BBQ in your apartment, giddy up.

Actually, they've been around for a while now: my house here in Kingston was built in 2007 and has one. I thought they were law already. AFAIK, the real function is not to reduce moron attrition, but to protect again CO poisoning by a malfunctioning furnace. You normally can't detect CO poisoning on your own, since you can't smell it like smoke.

But I'm fine with the culling of congenital idiots, as long as the fire doesn't spread to my place.... >:D

Journeyman said:

Actually, there are several different things that can cause CO poisoning (that's carbon monoxide....).  A few days ago a family in Ottawa heard a funny noise coming from their hot water heater; they called Enbridge, who said it wasn't an emergency and they should make an appt to have it serviced later that week.  Next thing you know all 4 family members were in the hospital with CO poisoning from the malfunctioning water heater, and the gas had gotten into two adjoining apts as well.  So it's not only stupid people that get hit by this.  These detectors are a basic piece of safety kit now, like winter emergency stuff for your car. 

Back