• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Shows

Rifleman62

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
New topic for Air Show video links and announcements.

Spectacular. First time I ever saw an airshow at night (near the end of the video). Cameron, MO.

http://www.cameronairshow.com/

Cameron Airshow 2014.

http://vimeo.com/100670266

A night time airshow is definitely an experience.

They had a glider pilot and a Harvard pilot do a show after dark at the Summerside Airshow last summer.

Was visiting the in-laws, and we all went down to the waterfront to take it in.

Wow.  That has to be the largest collection of gonads this side of I don't know where.  That Steward fellow has a death wish.  The night show would be incredible to say the least.  Thanks for sharing that.

Attached is a little document I did up showing the Canadian dates for upcoming airshow. For updates and US dates go here.

Attachments

• Canadian Airshows Dates.pdf
    20.6 KB · Views: 275
Retired AF Guy said:
Attached is a little document I did up showing the Canadian dates for upcoming airshow.

Quinte International Airshow  Link
June 25-26, 2016
10:00am to 6:00pm
8 Wing / CFB Trenton

I've taken a bit of a hiatus from photography the last couple of years, but I will be attending the Quinte show next weekend with my camera in hand.

Hope to post some photos soon thereafter in this thread, if that's okay?

WingsofFury said:
I've taken a bit of a hiatus from photography the last couple of years, but I will be attending the Quinte show next weekend with my camera in hand.

Hope to post some photos soon thereafter in this thread, if that's okay?

At work here in Kingston this morning and Lancaster and B-25 Mitchell flew overhead.. very impressive and unfortunately, I was slow in getting my cell phone out and was unable to get a shot.

Retired AF Guy said:
At work here in Kingston this morning and Lancaster and B-25 Mitchell flew overhead..
I was on one of the higher floors of a hotel on Queen St W in Toronto, when I heard a very distinctive Rolls-Royce Merlin rumble.  I got to the window in time to see the Lanc fly by.

My first thought was "I don't remember doing hallucinogenic drugs this morning....."

I didn't know we had a flying Lancaster in Canada  (I now know there are two in the world -- Mt Hope.... and over there  where they're focused on BREXIT).  It was awesome.  I'd still love to see a Mosquito flying (apparently there's one)..... and a Lysander, just 'cause I'm a bit of a freak.  ;D

/tangent

Yesterday the Lanc flew over town twice, once mid-morning and the other time around noon. Got some pictures but no good when you enlarge them.

Did you get a shot of the F-22/P-51 formation?  Beyond seeing how the Raptor could move, I thought that was the highlight of the show.

Journeyman said:
Did you get a shot of the F-22/P-51 formation?  Beyond seeing how the Raptor could move, I thought that was the highlight of the show.

Just a very rough edit of it so far....hope that you don't mind the quality.

Attachments

• IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 440
Nice. Thanks.

And for a size comparison folks, the Mustang is actually in the foreground.  :nod:

Retired AF Guy said:
At work here in Kingston this morning and Lancaster and B-25 Mitchell flew overhead.. very impressive and unfortunately, I was slow in getting my cell phone out and was unable to get a shot.
You probably didn't see me waving at you then either as I was in the B-25. It was a memorable experience.

Couple more...

Attachments

• IMG_2229.JPG
    IMG_2229.JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_2186.JPG
    IMG_2186.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    352.9 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_2173.JPG