• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force's CADPAT name-tag & rank

I'm not a big fan of the blue stitching, but the solid OD backing makes a lot of sense. The legibility of the CADPAT name tags and slipons is effectively zero, no matter what colour the stichng is.

DG

Is it just the slip-on that has been changed to OD?  Or will the nametags be switching too?

navymich said:
Is it just the slip-on that has been changed to OD?  Or will the nametags be switching too?

new name tags are on their way...SCWO announced it yesterday. We should have them within a month.

Mud Recce Man said:
How un-switched on looking.

Don't suppose the option to wear a normal CADPAT one will happen.

sigh

Why why why can't there just be one simple friggin standard?

::)

There is a standard, army wear green, air force wear blue. The air force is just addressing the inability to see the rank. Perhaps they should have just stayed with the OD from the beginning - but then we'd be complaining that it didn't match the CADPAT..... ;D

geez.....wondering now if the fishies will want these with black stitching :p.......and I heard at work that the army types will go to something similar....makes sense, we apparently have lots of money to waste on trivial things ;D

bison33 said:
geez.....wondering now if the fishies will want these with black stitching :p.......and I heard at work that the army types will go to something similar....makes sense, we apparently have lots of money to waste on trivial things ;D

We "fishies" wish to be left alone. When we are posted to Army or Air Force Bases we'll wear the green stuff but at sea we'll be keeping our NCDs...at least that's the plan so far.

I know you keep the NCD's while in the fishpond, heck, I even loved them. Wore them when I was AirDet...way more comfy than the old blue workdress or cadpat....but if I was some an*l chief with too much time on my hands....I'd probably suggest that the navy have a similar slip-on (OD with black stitching) for the cadpat.

bison33 said:
I know you keep the NCD's while in the fishpond, heck, I even loved them. Wore them when I was AirDet...way more comfy than the old blue workdress or cadpat....but if I was some an*l chief with too much time on my hands....I'd probably suggest that the navy have a similar slip-on (OD with black stitching) for the cadpat.

They are comfy and of course way easier when you go to the heads than having to take the combat shirt off.
A lot of guys would like to see us go to coveralls, like the submariners. I'm not sure the women would find those as comfy especially when they have to go to the heads. A few years ago we had trouble with the seems...lowest bidder...they fell apart the first time you wore em...lol...you had to get them re-sewn..I think the bosun's used to do that. ;D

I did some searching on the site and found reference to an old canforgen about the air force slip ons and name tag from 2004. Was hoping someone could clear something up for me since I have to order some name tags from cpgear (was told they take 10 months if i ask for them here while training).  The eagle for air force comes after the name on the name tag correct?

Back