• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Canada flight crashed Halifax airport - 29 March 2015

Original Link

Air Canada flight leaves runway in Halifax, no major injuries

An Air Canada plane from Toronto to Halifax left the runway as it landed at the Halifax Stanfield International Airport early Sunday morning, the airline confirmed.

All the passengers on flight AC624 have left the plane and are heading into the terminal, the airline tweeted.

Peter Spurway, a spokesman for the Halifax Stanfield International Airport, told CBC News there had been a "hard landing" at the airport. There are no reports of any major injuries, he said.

Electricity was also knocked out at the airport.

Scott Murray, one of dozens of family members waiting for loved ones on the flight from Toronto, told CBC News his father was on the plane and called to say "that the plane crashed and he's all right."

It was snowing heavily at the airport at the time of the incident and Murray said his drive in was just as "nasty."

"It was a rough ride here. It was pretty nasty. Highways aren't that great," he said.

CBC reporter Chris Ensing is on the scene, tweeting from the airport

Hard landing indeed - there are reports the plane is now missing a wing and collapsed the nosewheel.

Glad to hear there are no major injuries reported.

I'm also feeling rather lucky myself, as AC624 is the flight that i often flew on when returning to NS from work out West.

I was asked late in the afternoon if I was available for the back shift at the airport.  I was already engaged in something else, thankfully.  Not sorry to have missed the excitement.  And yes, it was crap outside last night.  A whiteout at times on the way home up the Eastern Shore.  Glad nobody was seriously hurt. 

Back