• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghanistan Rotations

88rustang07

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have tried searching for this for a wile and came up with nothing. I am wondering what rotation is in Afghanistan right now and how the rotations work. Who will be going next and is there a specific order?

88rustang07 said:
Hi everyone, I have tried searching for this for a wile and came up with nothing. I am wondering what rotation is in Afghanistan right now and how the rotations work. Who will be going next and is there a specific order?

Some elements of that could be OPSEC (information that is restricted because of OPerational SECurity issues). Why do you want to know?

O sorry, well I was just wondering, and for future references if I have to go I would like to have an idea of when.

There are literally too many variables to try and pick a specific future rotation.  Chances vary by trade, by mission, by rotation, and, of course, there are these variables:

Michael O'Leary said:
If you join either infantry or armour, you will get posted to a unit after your training.  It may be the unit of your choice, or it may be where the Army needs you most. So, here's the formula:

A.  If you start now, and estimate a year for recruiting and six months for training
B.  And you hope that the planned cycle of unit rotations overseas doesn't change, and pick a trade based on that
C.  And get posted to your unit of choice.
D.  And land in one of the companies/squadrons designated for a tour.
E.  And the government doesn't change its mind on the mission.
F.  And the Army doesn't change its mind on Task Force structure.
G.  And you "DAG Green" all the way through the pre-deployment training cycle.
H.  And you don't piss off your chain of command and get dumped to the rear party for being a dink, or some other technical term for administrative or disciplinary burden.
I.    And there's not another election that pulls us out of Afghanistan (or wherever) at the last moment.
J.    And you don't get appendicitis two days before your departure.
K.    And the sun doesn't go nova.

Then:-

You might get an operational tour within a three-year basic engagement.

Whether you are Regular or Reserve, all you can do is pursue and accept the opportunities available to you, which may or may not lead to deployment.

Well I'm not sure about OPSEC on who is there: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa/tf108/

I don't see how OPSEC comes into play here unless you want to know what they are doing right now on a day to day basis...  It is all over the news on who is there and who is going and when ever a solider dies they say where they are from and what unit they are deployed with.  A simple google search finds all that you need:

LFWA (1 Brigade) is there now:  http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa/tf108/

LFCA (2 Brigade) is replacing them: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/TF-3-08/

Rob  :cdn:

Robbie said:
I don't see how OPSEC comes into play here unless you want to know what they are doing right now on a day to day basis...  It is all over the news on who is there and who is going and when ever a solider dies they say where they are from and what unit they are deployed with.  A simple google search finds all that you need:

LFWA (1 Brigade) is there now:  http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfwa/tf108/

LFCA (2 Brigade) is replacing them: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/TF-3-08/

Perhaps, but the original poster did not say what trade he was interested in.  He did not specify if his only concern was which Reg F infantry regiment was forming the deployed battle group.  Other trades may have greater concerns regarding freely traded information of who is deployed and who is filling upcoming missions.

Michael O`Leary said:
Perhaps, but the original poster did not say what trade he was interested in.  He did not specify if his only concern was which Reg F infantry regiment was forming the deployed battle group.  Other trades may have greater concerns regarding freely traded information of who is deployed and who is filling upcoming missions.

No he asked what roation was there and that is what I gave him plus a link to mabe give him more information.  And so everyone knows those are "Official" links.

edit: spelling

Robbie said:
No he asked what roation was there and that is what I gave him plus a link to mabe give him more information.  And so everyone knows those are "Official" links.

edit: spelling

That was one part of the question. The other part is:

88rustang07 said:

That was the part Michael O`Leary was concerned about....the details, which will not be discussed here.

The Army.ca Staff

Back