• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

Task said:
BTW Pashmul still is not working for me.

Just checked the database, and the record is there, showing 100% insurgency. Is it not showing up on the AOR screen?

Mike Bobbitt said:
vern, no way to tell as 'the magic hand' doesn't leave log entries (unless I'm feeling like I have a lot of free time on my hands ;)). Let me know when your next location opens up and I'll adjust it as per the incentives... or I can un-purchase them and give you back the MilPoints if you'd prefer.

LOL. Who has free time on their hands these days? One location did just open up for me, so I'll let you decide whether or not you want to have at 'er or unpurchase my medals that didn't work. It's up to you - do whatever takes you less time/effort.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Just checked the database, and the record is there, showing 100% insurgency. Is it not showing up on the AOR screen?

I just checked now, and it's good to go Mike thanks.

Not that horrific, but I bought a bunch of stuff, for about 100MP, but then realized that I forgot to but some blanks. So, I type in some blanks, but it turns out everything that I previously bought was still checked of the list. So, I bought the same things twice.  :blotto:

Vern, I've reversed the medal purchases. They should be available again, and you should have 350 MilPoints back in your purse.

Thank you Mike. I've been shopping & just bought myself an RG 31. Money will never last in my pocket.  8)

Not a horror story, but a sort of funny story... I logged on to the game today and got:

You missed out on 91 Combat Readiness by not checking in earlier!
Danger Pay collected for playing today: 50
You earned 399 by completing a daily challenge: 83 CR Missed!

Won the daily challenge before I even knew what it was!

Game is starting to annoy me I have had so many high CR cost missions at 90%+ fail now that I have went from #3rd to several ranks lower.

Note, the "harris" guy had a 230 CR bonus that he was riding for several days....that pushed him up a lot.

NavyShooter said:
Note, the "harris" guy had a 230 CR bonus that he was riding for several days....that pushed him up a lot.

Yea but I fell several places so :p

The horror is watching people clamour over me on the ratings ladder.  I am playing like an old lady right now though.  My consecutive success is at 180+ and I am too chicken to try anything fancy.  In fact, I've lowered myself to simple, cheap missions that I have a decent mission level on just to try and maintain a level of success.  Oh well, I look at it as increasing my equipment proficiency.  Almost makes me want a fail to happen just so I can get back to climbing and really playing the game...almost!

Thank you for taking some failures for the team, guys!  I promise to take my share AFTER I get 14 more successful missions.

SevenSixTwo said:
Just failed 177 CR cost mission 5 times in a row. Awesome.

I know that pain...  was three times in a row....  I put the computer away after that. 

airmich said:
Thank you for taking some failures for the team, guys!  I promise to take my share AFTER I get 14 more successful missions.

Haha I only took the risk because I saw your int levels. One cash-in and you will blow right by me. In hindsight maybe I should have walked a bit with the turtle instead of the Hare today.

Task said:
Haha I only took the risk because I saw your int levels. One cash-in and you will blow right by me. In hindsight maybe I should have walked a bit with the turtle instead of the Hare today.

I am close to 2 int cash-ins now, but I've been holding back while waiting to get this darn successful medal.  I'll hit the end of that tonight, either winning or crying.  Either way, it's back to game-on soon enough!  mwahahaha

:crybaby: Mission failed  :crybaby:

I would rather have been a whole pile of missions away from goal, it would have made it much easier.  But my streak was at 246!  Booooo.  Oh well, back to playing the game!  (watch out Task  ;) )

airmich said:
:crybaby: Mission failed  :crybaby:

I would rather have been a whole pile of missions away from goal, it would have made it much easier.  But my streak was at 246!  Booooo.  Oh well, back to playing the game!  (watch out Task  ;) )

Sad Pandas....

Buying a Lav at 1200    -    Sad Panda

How quickly you need to get a second one once you level up (in what seems only a short few missions) 
Even MORE Sad Panda.... 

My mil points can't afford what my AA habit requires.  :'(

Back