• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops Contest: Play and win a Softie 18 Antarctic Sleeping Bag! ($479 MSRP)

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Another month, and another contest courtesy of Tactown Gear. This time, you can win a Softie 18 Antarctic Sleeping Bag. If you wanted to win the RECON 5 bag in June, you'll love this one even more. It's rated to -50....and unlike last time, winter is actually around the corner!

As always, each proficiency level you gain with the contest mission earns you one 'ballot' for the prize draw. So if you make it to proficiency level 20, you have 20 chances to win the prize. It's not as easy as it sounds though... with each level, proficiency is harder to earn so the higher you go, the longer it takes to get to the next level. Check the Stats tab at any time to see how many ballots you have earned, as well as the top 10 players for the contest. All you need is one ballot to win!

The new Set up a sniper position in the mountains mission is located in Gumbad, and is clearly marked with (CONTEST) in the title.

On Monday, October 31st at noon AT, the winner will be chosen at random.

At proficiency level 1, the mission stats are:

• Rank 48
  • Consumes 48 Combat Readiness
  • Provides 447 Combat Experience
  • Equipment needed:
    • 1 x C3A1 7.62mm Sniper Rifle (100
      MilPoints.png
      )
    • 2 x 20x 7.62mm Ball (5
      MilPoints.png
      )
    • 2 x Softie 18 Antarctica RE Sleeping Bag (48
      MilPoints.png
      )
    • 2 x Combat Shovel (2
      MilPoints.png
      )

Enjoy! :)

Another awesome contest, thanks Mike and Sylvain (from Tactown)!!!

This looks like an epic contest, i'm going to enter as many times as possible!!!

Another terrific contest. Thank you Mike and Tactown.

I think I've already blown 10,000 milpoints to get ballots. Guess I should post more to refill!!

Darn... I knew this would happen... I'm going to have to start sleeping less...

Yeah this contest was ranked a bit higher than the others. I did that for a few reasons... the prize is pretty top shelf so I wanted to reward the hard core players ;) and the lower ranks are getting filled with missions so it's getting pretty busy down there. :)

The good news is that there's lots of time and it only takes 1 ballot to win. If nothing else, I recommend folks grind away so they can be eligible for future contests.

OK Thanks. It looks like a wicked prize. I sure hope you do more contests.

I am still very appreciative of the backpack that I won a few months ago. It sure would be nice with a sleeping bag... :)

Thanks for this great contest!

Apologies if this has been covered already, but do you automatically get 1 ballot just for having the mission available to you? Or do you get your first ballot once you move from level 1 to 2?

You have to run the mission once, then you get your free ballot.

Actually, just loading the location with the Mission will get you 1 ballot, no purchase required. :) From there you can increase to 2+ ballots by ranking up your proficiency.

Looks like we have lots of participation in this contest... that's great! There's still time to get in on the action for those who haven't started yet. :)

No there isn't. Whatever you do, do not start this contest.... Don't you realize that everyone who plays reduces my chances of winning and I simply can not have that.  >:D

the 48th regulator said:
Dear agc,

I hate you.

That is all.

dileas

tess

*In my Monty Python best*
Dear Agc,
I fart in your general direction...

Back