• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops Contest: Play and win a RECON 5 -20 Sleeping Bag! ($269.99 MSRP)

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Another month, and another contest courtesy of Tactown Gear. This time, you can win a RECON 5 sleeping bag. This baby is good to -20... and just in time for summer! :)

As always, each proficiency level you gain with the contest mission earns you one 'ballot' for the prize draw. So if you make it to proficiency level 20, you have 20 chances to win the prize. It's not as easy as it sounds though... with each level, proficiency is harder to earn so the higher you go, the longer it takes to get to the next level. Check the Stats tab at any time to see how many ballots you have earned, as well as the top 10 players for the contest. All you need is one ballot to win!

The new Establish a local presence via a long-range foot patrol mission is located in FOB Martello, and is clearly marked with (CONTEST) in the title.

On Monday, July 4th at 4pm AT, the winner will be chosen at random.

At proficiency level 1, the mission stats are:

• Rank 22
  • Consumes 22 Combat Readiness
  • Provides 83 Combat Experience
  • Equipment needed:
    • 1 x Desert Boots (8
      MilPoints.png
      )
    • 1 x C7A2 Rifle (40
      MilPoints.png
      )
    • 1 x Vulture II Backpack (20
      MilPoints.png
      )
    • 1 x RECON 5 Sleeping Bag (28
      MilPoints.png
      )

Enjoy! :)

I will be working hard at this one, definitely need something to replace the issued fart-sack!

Thank you to Mike and Tactown Gear for another fun contest and great prize.

Well worth trying for and fun at the same time.

This looks like fun! I'll probably be away for a bit this month so I can probably get a few ballots in

Thanks again guys!

Looks like this sucker will be easier to stow in the rucksack compression bag...here's hoping for the win. Thanks TacTown and Mike!

TacTown, I love you, and I will tell everyone I know to go to you if they are looking for gear!!

Such a sweet piece of kit!!!! Time to up those levels. Wait, what am i doing? Time for less typing, more for playing the game! >:D

Don't worry, I'm going on course towards the end of the month so I'm just trying to get ballots in while I can :) still plenty of time to get ballots in!

Also, I just realized July 4th is a Monday, not Sunday

JohnTBay said:
Don't worry, I'm going on course towards the end of the month so I'm just trying to get ballots in while I can :) still plenty of time to get ballots in!

Also, I just realized July 4th is a Monday, not Sunday

Ah! Yes.  Independence Day.  A nice long weekend.  :nod:

Didn't want to do the draw on Canada Day... With any luck a draw will be the last thing on my mind! :)

Just a reminder there there is a little over one week left to get your ballots in! I've also pushed the time back a bit, as I may be on the road at noon AT. :)

I don't think I will be able to make another level in time. It is a slow process 1% at a time.

Rank 17, almost there!

.... I will get a ballot in damn it!  :threat:

Back