• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops Contest: Play and win a Blackhawk Loadout Bag! ($268 MSRP)

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
You heard me right folks, this is the beginning of a new dimension to the game. Tactowngear has graciously donated a beautiful Blackhawk Load Out bag for to be given away to some lucky player. I have added a mission to FOB Martello: Resupply an OP on foot. It is marked with a (CONTEST) tag at the end of the Mission name, so you know it's the right one.

So, how do you win? Simple... every time you gain a proficiency level in the contest mission, your name is entered into the draw. So if you make it to proficiency level 20, you have 20 chances to win the bag. On Saturday, January 8th at noon AT, the winner will be chosen at random.

At proficiency level 1, the mission stats are:

• Rank 20 Required
  • Consumes 20 Combat Readiness
  • Provides 87 Combat Experience
  • Equipment needed: 1 x Blackhawk Load Out Bag (Cost: 30
    MilPoints.png
    )

Let the games begin! :)

P.S. As much as I wish it wasn't true, I am not eligible to win.

For those who enjoy playing the numbers, I've added some contest information to the Stats Page: http://apps.facebook.com/afghan_ops/index.php?math=hard&function=stats

A good way to spend my winter break!

Thanks to Mike for the contest, and Tactown for the donation.

Mike Bobbitt said:
On Saturday, January 8th at noon AT, the winner will be chosen at random.

Is there a cutoff time to have ballots entered, or do we have right up until noon AT on the 8th?

Anything up to noon AT on the 8th counts, and then I'll do the draw.

Good news, I have finished the script which will randomly select the winner. I've run it through a battery of tests and can confirm: it's fair and random! :)

So far we have 136 ballots in the draw... not bad! Note that to get your first ballot in there, you just need to complete the mission once. I'd say it's a no-brainer!

I can't see such a mission in my FOB Martello menu. I don't yet have that AOR locked down, is this necessary for the contest mission?

You may need to be level 23 to see it, its the third mission in on FOB Martello. You won't need it locked down.

You should only need to be level 20 to see it... and it should be the second mission there. See the screenshot below.

Thanks for the info. I can see it now, but then I just made level 23. It was not visible (for me at least) at level 22.

Just so you all know ... around Marchish, I will be posting a pic of me & the bag in the sandbox on here; yes, I am winning it --- my ESP tells me so. You may as well all stop playing that mission now.

Merry Christmas!!    >:D

Somehow the first thing to come to mind was a Crown Royal bag.......Wrong bag, eh?

George Wallace said:
Somehow the first thing to come to mind was a Crown Royal bag.......Wrong bag, eh?

The visual of that particular bag and the sugarplum fairy is now running through my head.  ;D

Only a few days left to get in on this contest. We have 259 ballots already so it looks like it's a heated competition!

Definitely a good contest.. hopefully this is the first of many!

Back