• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AF Spouses

Hello,

This may be a question that is asked often but I am writing to inquire about how easily the transition is to a new lifestyle for the families of the serving member.

I've recently learned that I'm likely to make pilot and I'm concerned about my current long term relationship, I feel like it would be unfair of me to even ask for the sacrifice it would take for my SO to come with me, yet I'm also unwilling to not make the offer. How have others handled this in the past? It's clearly possible to work out, have there been any resent/regret within the families that have tried to make this work?

I'm not sure if I'm even asking the right questions, but any advice or comments would be wonderful.

Thank you,

John

djcwall said:
have there been any resent/regret within the families that have tried to make this work?
Plenty of that to go around.  Don't make any promises of a timeline to your GF - I still hear about it 15 years later how I said that we would only be in MJ for a year!

Back