• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AESOp ( MOC 081)

It was advertised by message to the fleet, and then put on the local DIN splash screen as well a week beforehand.  As well, some of the people there seemed to be there just through word of mouth.

Yes, it would have been interesting to have both sides of the story.  From my understanding, an AESOP from Comox was invited, but had previous committments, and besides didn't remember their way to Victoria lol.

I have just returned from putting my application in at the recruiting centre.  They are a bit stuck right now, as they are unsure how to proceed with it.  Supposedly a reservist has never applied for a transfer to reg force AESOP.  I am definitely going to keep on top of that though.

x-zipperhead said:
If you have any burning questions about life on an Aurora crew feel free to PM me.

Thank you for the offer.  I am learning more each day, and as something comes up, I will drop a line.

I just started the ball rolling on my OT to 00019, hopefully things will go quickly and smoothly.    I just hope I didn't start this too late for this years boards

Sub_Guy said:
I just started the ball rolling on my OT to 00019, hopefully things will go quickly and smoothly.    I just hope I didn't start this too late for this years boards

board usualy sits in october.......make sure you stay on the ball for your CFAT, interview and medical

I have yet to even see the msg yet for this year.  Anyone else seen it yet?? 

Glenn

glenndon said:
I have yet to even see the msg yet for this year.  Anyone else seen it yet?? 

Glenn

the trade is open year-round as it is a COTP trade...doent matter when you apply, the trade is always open.

navymich said:
....they were actually applying for SAR Tech, but it was suggested to them to put AESOP down as a second choice.

??? Two clearly related trades. They both wear flying suits, and......and, well...... they fly...mostly  ::)

aesop081 said:
the trade is open year-round as it is a COTP trade...doent matter when you apply, the trade is always open.

Unless you're a reservist trying to apply for it and since you have to go through CFRC, it shows there being zero openings.  But I am working on that, just frustrated is all.

navymich said:
Unless you're a reservist trying to apply for it and since you have to go through CFRC, it shows there being zero openings.  But I am working on that, just frustrated is all.

Yeah well you're....special......
You know and understand full well why its says zero at the CFRC for openings.

Again, If you are REGULAR force, you can apply at ANY time

aesop081 said:
Yeah well you're....special......
You know and understand full well why its says zero at the CFRC for openings.

I know I'm special.  :D  Wait, you mean the other kind of special don't you....LOL

Yes, I understand why it shows that at CFRC, but it's still really frustrating especially when they simply point out other trades that you qualify for.  The whole CT process was supposed to be simplified for reserves.  Unfortunately, that didn't take into account COTP.

Hey as long as they stall you long enough so that you aren't in competition with me this year!  ;D

Truthfully I am just kidding, and I hope you get that sh*t squared off so your files will be at the board

Get your damn medicals done, too!
You could lose your spot on course if you don't have a valid aircrew medcat.

See you cats in the peg :D

Do I need my aircrew medcat to be accepted?  Or can I be in the process of getting that done, and still be accepted.

Will it look better on my file if I get my aircrew medcat done so that its recorded on my file at the board?

I had my medical done before i got accepted. Its better that way but i know a few individuals who had been accepted first.  Your acceptance will be conditional on passing your medical..Consult with the BPSO for the most accurate info.

Sub.guy,

i got your email and will try to sort something out with you for a famil flight as soon as i can.

Thanks, I will aim to get my medical done soonest, I am aware that my files end up going to Toronto for the thumbs up/thumbs down, and that it takes almost 3 months?  If I can get in soon it may be reflected on my file as having it done.

Thanks Aesop081
I appreciate everything you are doing.

Got an appointment for my initial air crew medial on the 14th Jul, thats pretty sweet.  There would be nothing worse than getting accepted, ditching my navy uniform/rank, go blue, then get sent back as a LS because I failed my air med....Not cool at all

There is one guy in the lab that applied for AESOP (nope its not me..I applied for the orange flight suit instead  ;)). Maybe you guys will see him by the end of this year or next year.
Good luck to you guys with that remuster!

TB said:
There is one guy in the lab that applied for AESOP (nope its not me..I applied for the orange flight suit instead  ;)). Maybe you guys will see him by the end of this year or next year.
Good luck to you guys with that remuster!

Send him to me upstairs if he wants info or come flying

What's even less cool is the form you sign when you accept your OT offer stating that if you are unable to complete the AESOp training they have the option to release you from the military.

Sub_Guy said:
Got an appointment for my initial air crew medial on the 14th Jul, thats pretty sweet.  There would be nothing worse than getting accepted, ditching my navy uniform/rank, go blue, then get sent back as a LS because I failed my air med....Not cool at all

collude said:
What's even less cool is the form you sign when you accept your OT offer stating that if you are unable to complete the AESOp training they have the option to release you from the military.

i've seen 8 guys fail the basic aesop course in the last 4 courses.....most have chosen to go back to their old trades or remustered to some other MOC.  If you dont like the conditions under wich you are offered a new trade , don't sign.  Simple as that

Back