• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AESOp ( MOC 081)

Not sure why they went to 407...however the practice torp range is out that way, which has more "ewwwww!  awwwwww!" do it?  I haven't seen it myself, but will now that I have some leave on the near horizon.  While I like the Blk III a lot, there are some things I wish we had carried over from the Blk II. 

No idea on the courses in Wpg, but there has been some slow-down in that part of the sausage machine according to the water-cooler talk. 

I believe partly due to CT-142 mid-life upgrade and lack of instructors (I'm posted there this summer and was told to be ready to hit the ground running). I hope we start pumping out more students soon to help us reach our numbers that will inevitably go down with the upcoming releases and retirements. 

Eye In The Sky said:
While I like the Blk III a lot, there are some things I wish we had carried over from the Blk II. 

Please do tell =D

Can be via PM if you'd like.

There is nothing I miss from the Block II.  NOT ONE ******* THING.

As using 407 for the show.  You might as well use them for something, the rest of the fleet is fighting a war.  >:D

TB said:
I believe partly due to CT-142 mid-life upgrade and lack of instructors (I'm posted there this summer and was told to be ready to hit the ground running). I hope we start pumping out more students soon to help us reach our numbers that will inevitably go down with the upcoming releases and retirements.

Pretty much what we heard, the bottleneck is Gonzo YFR. 

Dolphin_Hunter said:
There is nothing I miss from the Block II.  NOT ONE ******* THING.

RAW radar.  Offline just isn't the same.

That's about it really. 

Eye In The Sky said:
RAW radar.  OL just isn't the same.

That's about it really.

It makes pretty excited to think I could get into the trade at a gerat time of transition. It really opens the door for it's next stage of development. Really hope it happens for me this year. Grreat to see the thread come alive again a little bit too. keep it going! :nod:

I think we are always in a 'state of transition' but that is cool because FLEXIBILITY is the key to air power.  :blotto:

Eye In The Sky said:
I think we are always in a 'state of transition' but that is cool because FLEXIBILITY is the key to air power.  :blotto:

Agreed,but it seems the newest changes are on a larger scale than maybe more recent ones? Either way, it's still exciting.

Also, apparently I can't spell "great"...

TUNETOG said:
Agreed,but it seems the newest changes are on a larger scale than maybe more recent ones?

Not sure exactly what changes you are referring to, but if its about mission systems type stuff, that is all CG at the very least and not something folks are likely to talk about too much on here.  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Eye In The Sky said:
Not sure exactly what changes you are referring to, but if its about mission systems type stuff, that is all CG at the very least and not something folks are likely to talk about too much on here.  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

No I wouldn't expect specifics.....just going by what the box told me watching Discovery Channel. Seeing that they were using a mostly Cold War era config, and then showing some of the aircraft in retrofit getting the new configs.  :-X

It is definite leap forward in the way the aircraft does its business.  Blk II or III, I think its a great office to work in...

Eye In The Sky said:
It is definite leap forward in the way the aircraft does its business.  Blk II or III, I think its a great office to work in...

Has to be better than the one I've been in for the last 6yrs.

After much deliberation I decided to submit my CT/OT for AES Op. Can anyone confirm current CT(UT) numbers? The data I found on DWAN says 2 CT(UT) and 6 DE for FY15/16. Not exactly a confidence boost.

Finally, can anyone recommend ways in which I can strengthen my application? I have a technical postsecondary education and a very good record with my reserve unit.

Thanks in advance

Neso said:
After much deliberation I decided to submit my CT/OT for AES Op. Can anyone confirm current CT(UT) numbers? The data I found on DWAN says 2 CT(UT) and 6 DE for FY15/16. Not exactly a confidence boost.

Finally, can anyone recommend ways in which I can strengthen my application? I have a technical postsecondary education and a very good record with my reserve unit.

Thanks in advance

Did you JUST put your CT in? The numbers you see appear to be accurate. Be prepared to wait for at least 1-2years. That's the boat I've been in, and my file has JUST gotten to the point where it can go to the hiring boards for this FY (as long as they haven't already sat). That's with me following up and being proactive. Even then, as you've noticed, I will be fighting for two spots among however many other folks have up to date, competitive files. If it's what you want though, stick it out. Just read back and you can see much of my personal experience. Best of luck!

I submitted it yesterday. Let the waiting begin! Who should I be occasionally nudging to keep things moving?

Any idea how many Reg F OT's you're competing with? Or P Res CT/OT numbers? My understanding is that they're different pools, so you and I wouldn't be competing regardless, if I'm correct.

I just watched the Mighty Planes CP-140 episode you recommended, very interesting stuff.

Is there anything that can be done to bolster your application?

Neso said:
Any idea how many Reg F OT's you're competing with? Or P Res CT/OT numbers? My understanding is that they're different pools, so you and I wouldn't be competing regardless, if I'm correct.

Is there anything that can be done to bolster your application?

Might start with paying attention to detail.  He is doing a CT/OT like you've applied for.  CT (U) / CT (UT) = Compontent Transfer Untrained.

Why would you doubt the numbers you found on the (presumably) SIP for this FY?

Eye In The Sky said:
Might start with paying attention to detail.  He is doing a CT/OT like you've applied for.  CT (U) / CT (UT) = Compontent Transfer Untrained.

Why would you doubt the numbers you found on the (presumably) SIP for this FY?

You were talking to Neso right, Eye?

Anyhow, it's going to take a while. The best advice I can give is to get to know the trade as much as you can. Look back through this thread. Even though it goes back quite a ways, there's very good info in here. Keep all of your Pers file info up to date....don't let anything lapse. Other than that, you kind of just have to wait until you're contacted by a broker. They will direct you through the steps and when to go do things to get your file to the point where mine is at now. For example - medicals, interview, etc. I submitted my application around the start of Nov. 2013. So you can see how long the process takes. That doesn't mean just wait around. Ping off of your unit every month or so.....then once you have a broker, keep in touch with them about the same frequency. Patience, and diligence. Like I've said, read back, you'll see my frustration levels got pretty high at points along this road. It's not a prefect system.... ;D

Thanks Tunetog, I appreciate the info. Good luck!

Eye, what's it like flying with your panties bunched so tightly?  ;)

Neso said:
Thanks Tunetog, I appreciate the info. Good luck!

Eye, what's it like flying with your panties bunched so tightly?  ;)

I'm going to step away from that one and let Eye handle it from here.  :facepalm:

Back