• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AESOp ( MOC 081)

pylon said:
Did you already have AF2 or another number? I have AF4 and am curious of the differences... And yes, have searched.

Good luck to you.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-medical-occupations/cf-medical-category-system.page

A - Air Factor - General

8. Aircrew and Non-aircrew Flying Category - There is a requirement for air operations and transportation to express the functional capacity of the member in terms of his/her ability to perform in an aircraft. Pilots and crew of highly manoeuvrable or highspeed aircraft must be medically fit to meet situations considerably different from those encountered by the crew of large, long range but more stable aircraft. The cabin crew of the multi-passenger aircraft have yet another function. The final "A" factor is graded from 1 to 7 and identifies the functional relationships that pertain to aircrew, passengers and those who are unfit to fly.

Air Factors
A1 - assigned to pilots who are medically fit for unrestricted duty in all CF aircraft;

A2 - assigned to navigators, flight engineers, observers and helicopter reconnaissance observers who are medically fit for unrestricted duty in all CF aircraft where such positions are required;

A3 - assigned to those aircrew members for whom a medical restriction has been identified. An A3 classification will always clearly stipulate the specific limitations to be imposed;

A4 - assigned to all aircrew who are medically fit for unrestricted airborne duty but whose duties do not entail actual operation of the aircraft to which they are assigned. If such individuals were to become incapacitated they would not create a hazard to aircraft operation nor impede the safe return of the aircraft to the ground. An A4 classification may be annotated "While So Employed" (WSE) when it is assigned to members of MOCs which are not normally associated with flying. Air Traffic Control and Air Weapons Control personnel must also maintain an A4 category for unrestricted employment;

A5 - assigned to all non-aircrew members of the CF who are medically fit to fly as passengers in CF aircraft;

A6 - this grade is assigned to all CF members who are considered medically unfit to fly in any capacity; and

A7 - this grade is assigned to all aircrew personnel who are medically unfit for any flight duty in CF aircraft but who may still fly as passengers.

TUNETOG said:
Also more (bad) news for my quest. CFRC in it's infinite wisdom is trying to say I don't hold Gr 10 Academic Math. I was in Gr10 18yrs ago. Agreed when I was in Ontario and went to Gr 10 I did general math. However when I did the UK syllabus overseas it was at a higher level than gr10 academic. When those credits were assessed and added to my transcript, they were I putted as "general education credits". So of course, CFRC can't understand that. Even though I've provided the UK syllabus, with report card....the Ontario syllabus, my transcript and explaination. EVERYONE including the BPSO has looked at me funny when I tell them this and are wondering why CFRC hasn't at least mentioned PLAR or Academic waiver to me.....all they've said is I don't qualify for the trade and can't move forward. I have jumped through so any hoops so far...now this roadblock because one recruiter thinks they know what's best. I am aware that one person has already gotten into one of the two positions for this FY. So there's two of us left and one position. Unless that's also already been filled. If I miss out on this because someone didn't understand how to read a transcript going to lose my GD mind. END RANT.

Ask to speak to your Recruiters supervisor.  If that isn't possible, ask to speak to the OIC of the recruiting center.  ASAP.  Explain things to them calmly.

Have you considered having the BPSO contact that recruiter?

Eye In The Sky said:
Ask to speak to your Recruiters supervisor.  If that isn't possible, ask to speak to the OIC of the recruiting center.  ASAP.  Explain things to them calmly.

Have you considered having the BPSO contact that recruiter?

Hi Eye,

Here's the quote from the recruit centre via email;

"You still have not provided any proof that your math was/is at the ACADEMIC level.  I have verified the information that you sent us and also had the Unit Personnel Selection Officer have a second look.  Unfortunately the math that you have completed DOES NOT meet the requirements for the trade that you wish to transfer into.

If you can provide me something that is either from a Canadian institution or that has gone trough a Canadian Credential Equivalency that denotes that you hold a Grade 10 or above ACADEMIC Math equivalent I will be more than happy to receive it.  Unfortunately right now, you do not qualify for your selected trade."

Thing is my credentials WERE evaluated back in '99 by my Ontario High School. As mentioned, they inputted the credits as "equivelant education credits x8". I've supplied CFRC with the syllabus from the math I did for that credit, but am still getting this answer. I've approached the BPSO and he asked for a copy of EVERYTHING I had, including CAF course reports etc. He said it seemed pretty strange they were not willing to accept what I had. I'm waiting to hear back from him. In the meantime, I signed up to do the Gr10 math they so specifically need. Not just for them, but for me to brush up. I'm literally hitting a very low-point. I'm not just a single 20-something with nothing else going on in life. No offense to anyone of course. But I've got family, bills, a life let's say, and it feels like it's getting messed with. I was so down on friday that I got home and pretty much slept from 7pm-7am. This is just draining me......wish I could just go back 18yrs and tell my half my age self to just do the damn gr10 math course in Ontario, and that 34yo me would really appreciate it. Thanks for letting me vent though. It's a bit theraputic.

TUNE

I get the "messed with" stuff, I went thru it for my OT and had to fight to get into the trade. 

Keep pushin'.  Well worth the effort.  I went thru a shitload of headaches to get my file to the selection board because some people with rank didn't understand stuff written in black and white and had their own agenda.  Bypass and continue on to the objective.

Eye In The Sky said:
I get the "messed with" stuff, I went thru it for my OT and had to fight to get into the trade. 

Keep pushin'.  Well worth the effort.  I went thru a shitload of headaches to get my file to the selection board because some people with rank didn't understand stuff written in black and white and had their own agenda.  Bypass and continue on to the objective.

KCCO right? Doing my best, and starting to hope that there's a couple more positions for next FY. I feel my hopes for this FY fading fast.

Eye In The Sky said:

My fight is lost. Without it being in black and white on my Ontario transcript, they won't accept it. So my options were spend about $300 to have my UK credentials evaluated (6-8weeks) or spend $40 and do the credit at my own pace online. Seeing as I don't have a spare $300 and it takes a while for them to evaluate I went with refreshing and getting the credit in Ontario. I've also found out that the 3rd person competing for the last of the 2 positions is having his interview this week. So.......that's it for this FY most likely. I can only hope he flubs his interview or fails the AF...no offense to him. Here's to more uncertainty in my life for another 10 months.

Keep at it.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so for motivation....this could be a 'day at the office' for you or anyone who gets selected for AESOP.

Eye In The Sky said:
Keep at it.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so for motivation....this could be a 'day at the office' for you or anyone who gets selected for AESOP.

I would think that pics from the hotel in Hawaii, San Diego, Scotland or the Caribbean would be much better motivation, at least for the LRP side of things  ;)

Eye In The Sky said:
Good idea!

I appreciate the attempt to make me feel better. But you guys are having the opposite effect  :D
Well aware of some of what I'm missing out on.  :crybaby:

I'm not sure if this forum is for OT only, but I thought I would pass on that I accepted an offer for AESOp via DE today. Very excited to get things going! Hopefully more applicants (OT or DE) will get their call soon. Time for a pop!

Thanks! September 1st is when all the fun begins at St. Jean'. 

For what it's worth to those who may be wondering (I know I was), at the time of my interview (April. 3, 2014) there were approx' 15 AESOp positions open for DE. As far as I know, the June 23rd selection board was the first board to involve the AESOp trade since my interview. That is what I was told back in April, so who knows what may have changed since then, or even if what I was told was accurate...  :2c:

Have any members here been involved in, or have any info about the Advanced Training option for an AESOp "who demonstrates the required ability and potential"? Are those who receive this training exposed to much of a different working environment after successful completion? Ie. would someone with Advanced Electronic Intelligence Analysis Training or Law Enforcement Thermography Training have different posting options, or even a different airframe to work in?

Thanks in advance.

Missed this one.  Sorry.

Some people work at the line sqn's after they complete trg, others work outside the flying environment. 

Different posting options for someone coming into the trade; I'd say "not really".  They would have to complete all the same courses as everyone else and go where the trade needed people which is, usually, a LRP or MH Sqn for first tour.

If that doesn't help, fire me a PM.

Make it to CFLRS yet?

Thanks for the response. PM en route.

Yep, I am at CFLRS right now and am entering week four... Good times. Have yet to run in to another AESOp candidate. I noticed the MOC on this thread is 081, and mine is 019. Assuming it is OT and DE?

Thanks for the link. It was a reminder that I didn't join just to be a master of stitching, folding, and ironing. Pretty decent, indeed.

Back to the fun. Cheers

Back