• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice on my situation

Doucet3

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, i kinda need a couple answers and a bit of advice, heres my situation

Im joining a co-op for my highschool for the Infantry and am planning to go to the regs after my semester (seems pretty stupid to do the co-op then to the regs, but i wanna get some info and get a bit worked and taught life of the forces, not to mention i need 6 more creds to pass highschool and it offers 6) so i went up to hamilton to write my CFAT test and was 1 point off of the level for general military skills (INF, ARTY, etc) and the person who i talked to after the test my career consoler  said he would put a waiver though to his officer to get me though, i was never good at math, worst subject ever but i dont think that that should hold me back i killed both the other sections, and i have Great "street smarts", also i kinda blanked on the test and was a little nervous, and i got my medical comin up this frieday, i already admited to the 2 drugs that i have done in the past, pot ( i stopped almost a year ago now) and a Oxycontin pill (which i took unknowingly). so my Questions are

1. Whats my chances of the waiver going though
2. will i have to take the CFAT test agian when i transfer to the regs
3. now that i have admited to the drugs will i get a waiver (someone at the recruiter officer told me yes just reasking on here)

Thanks to everyone who responds

Based on this post, I'd say that spelling and grammar were two other subjects that you should have spent some more time on in school.

captloadie said:
Based on this post, I'd say that spelling and grammar were two other subjects that you should have spent some more time on in school.

I agree.

I'm not entirely sure they can put a waiver through if you didn't qualify.  What they may have meant was that they would put a waiver through to allow you to write the CFAT again.

How does one take a pill "unknowingly"?  ???

If you missed the Gen Mil trades (Inf, Arty etc) by ONE point the CO may grant you that one point to get you in. Key word in there is MAY!!! If he doesn't you will not make CO-OP this year. You have to wait 3 months to do a rewrite and still need a waiver from the UPSO. That means that if you failed today you are done until 12 Feb 10 and CO-OP starts on or about the 15th. Not enough time to finish processing.

If you want to CT directly to the same trade then you will not have to write the CFAT again. However if you want another trade that requires a higher CFAT score you will have to write again. Be aware though the last score you get is the one that counts not the higher of the two.

Drug use, whether unknowing or not (not sure how that happens) is not accepted. We are subject to random drug testing at anytime. Remember that! There are some stipulations with regards to what you took and how long ago. For some of us who experimented in high school in the 70's and not since we're pretty safe. If however you spark up daily then look for other work. Last thing we need is someone whacked out on drugs with a high powered weapon and full mag seeing things that aren't there.

CF drug policy is zero tolerance.

FDO said:
If you missed the Gen Mil trades (Inf, Arty etc) by ONE point the CO may grant you that one point to get you in. Key word in there is MAY!!! If he doesn't you will not make CO-OP this year. You have to wait 3 months to do a rewrite and still need a waiver from the UPSO. That means that if you failed today you are done until 12 Feb 10 and CO-OP starts on or about the 15th. Not enough time to finish processing.

If you want to CT directly to the same trade then you will not have to write the CFAT again. However if you want another trade that requires a higher CFAT score you will have to write again. Be aware though the last score you get is the one that counts not the higher of the two.

Drug use, whether unknowing or not (not sure how that happens) is not accepted. We are subject to random drug testing at anytime. Remember that! There are some stipulations with regards to what you took and how long ago. For some of us who experimented in high school in the 70's and not since we're pretty safe. If however you spark up daily then look for other work. Last thing we need is someone whacked out on drugs with a high powered weapon and full mag seeing things that aren't there.

CF drug policy is zero tolerance.

Thanks you at least didn’t rip apart my grammar which was pretty bad, and to explain myself that was because I was leaving for the night and wanted to get some answer by the morning, should have took my time I know lol,

Also to better explain myself with the oxycontin I work out with a couple people to get in shape for the military and I was pretty sore one day after I worked out and had a game of hockey that night and didn’t want to miss the game, so my buddy gave me a pill and said it was an Advil or a Tylenol then latter in the night asked if I was feeling better and I was, then he surprised me and said “Oh by the way that was a oxy, hahaha” I was pretty pissed knowing I’m not aloud to take them.

I have made the decision to not do drugs ever again (unless perscribed) 12 months ago, so I have no intention of breaking the CF policy and get back into drugs, done with that part of my life.

Back