• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice for women on BMQ and other courses [MERGED]

geo said:
Sigop...
bunch of women go into a strip club - these "ladies" are bad, real bad...... (and willing to admit it)

Oh please Geo... Us ladies would never behave in such a manner!  ;)

Please tell me this topic is at its end. It's tiring, frustrating, and seldom interesting anymore. The cadet was, um, interesting though. I've never actually met anyone in cadets, despite my mom being a civvie instructor for them.

geo said:
Sigop...
If you think that what men do amongst themselves is disgusting you should see what women do among themselves (when they don't think someone is watching)

No doubt, but I'm referring to the remarks of distgust we males recieve about it.

bunch of guys go into a strip club. they'll drink their beer, talk amongst themselves, watch the show but relatively well behaved -
bunch of women go into a strip club - these "ladies" are bad, real bad...... (and willing to admit it)

Several stories invovling women and strip clubs here that I'll refrain from telling :)

... and with that, I'll lock this - for the most part, it was a very old thread anyway. If someone has something substantial to add, PM one of the Mods to re-open, or better yet - start a fresh thread. Thanks.

Hey Everyone!

I am new to Army.ca and as well to the forces. Are there any other ladies who have joined that are on this site? I know there are plenty of men, obviously, and that there are a few resources I found on the net for wives of military men. Just bringing up some topics should there be other women in the military here interested in talking about being a woman in the forces.

In general, I wanted to bring up femininity. My boyfriend is afraid that I will lose it and turn into a guy during my training. I know that the training will change my life, but I don't think I am going to confuse myself with a man, ya know? If there are any men here as well who have some wisdom in this area I am more than welcome to hear different views.

Peace

Pte Barbie

Hello, and welcome to army.ca Pte. Barbie.

There are a number of ladies on this site.  Here are a few threads that might
help answer your questions.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25011.0.html
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/27970.0.html
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24969.0.html
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/32145.0.html

After seeing those pics of the Nijmegan march, it occured to me that it's impossible for a group of soldiers to seem proud and martial when there is a squat middle-aged woman marching among them.

Most discussion regarding this topic has been about the competence of women as soldiers. I'd like to discuss their effect on morale and the 'esperit de corps' of the male soldiiers and the perception of the armed forces among young Canadian men who form the vast majority of recruits.

Does that mean you only march with Britney Spears, get over it.

Regards OLD F of S

If they can march then they can march

This is a troll fishing trip

Mods...

Sepulchrave said:
After seeing those pics of the Nijmegan march, it occured to me that it's impossible for a group of soldiers to seem proud and martial when there is a squat middle-aged woman marching among them.

Most discussion regarding this topic has been about the competence of women as soldiers. I'd like to discuss their effect on morale and the 'esperit de corps' of the male soldiiers and the perception of the armed forces among young Canadian men who form the vast majority of recruits.

Sorry bud,

I'm sure you know better. This one is going to cost you.

Staff

Sepulchrave said:

Uh yeah. I'm going to attempt this one. I'm new here, so this may be my first AND last post, but lemme try.

First of all, if you're LOOKING at the pics of the Nijmegan march and not actually IN the pics, then I'd say any soldier who can finish the march, whether they're tall, squat, young or middle-aged, male or female is probably one up on you. If you can show me a picture where you're in the middle of the March, then perhaps you'd have a leg to stand on (no pun intended).

I've been in this outfit in one capacity or another for over 20 years, so perhaps, even though I'm not a "young Canadian man" I may have a point of view on the esprit de corps question.

If a guy has a problem with a chick working beside him, or as his boss, then he needs to take his head out of his butt and realize it's the 21st Century. We live in a 1st world country, not the middle ages in Morocco (nothing against Morocco, it was the first place that came to mind).

Why judge a person on if they're a man or woman? Wouldn't you rather be noticed for your performance (or lack thereof) than your gender? The military can't get enough recruits as it is, never mind being choosy about gender. If a woman wants to do the job and CAN do the job, why not let her? What's the big dealio?

Trust me, if someone is upset that there's a woman working beside him, it's HIS problem, not hers.

M :brickwall:

Uh yeah. I'm going to attempt this one. I'm new here, so this may be my first AND last post, but lemme try.

I don't think there was anything wrong with your first post and I hope you will stick around.  Welcome to army.ca.

I'm with Gunner, based on that post you'll do well here. BTW Morocco is one of the more "advanced" and progressive of the Arab nations in regards to social changes based on what I saw. You could even buy beer in the local corner stores. 8)

Thanks guys.

Ok, not Morocco. How about Saudi? Or Syria? Or Zimbabwe even?  ;)

WCST people who protest are often encouraged (enraged) to protest - to distract from their own shortcomings.
There are plenty of women who don't cut it in the combat arms - same as there are men who don't cut it in the combat arms.

Chimo, I never said there weren't women who couldn't cut it. You're putting words into my mouth and reading into what I said what you want to see. This is what I said, "If a woman wants to do the job and CAN do the job, why not let her?" That's what I meant, nothing more.

What effect does having women in the ranks have on fighting soldiers?  Honestly, it helps.  I remember during an infantry ex back in basic in '88, we had three women with us, one was your classic cheerleader type, and there was a lot of lip from one of the he-man athlete types about if they were tough enough.  I will always remember how cheerful she was as she carried that lame SOB's C2 and webbing in addition to her own on the way back down the mountain.  Turns out he was the one who wasn't tough enough.  One of the women washed out, two stayed.  That's a better record than the men had through the same basic training.  Having a few women around keeps the men more balanced, a good thing for troop performance when your overseas and under stress for a long period of time.  For anybody who wants to trot out that old problem nonesense about sexual tension destroying discipline; you neither give the men and women in uniform any credit for self discipline, nor have ever done a tour in Cyprus and had to watch the Turks with only male recruits :eek:  No offense to the homosexuals out there; the issue has always been professionalism, not sexual gender or orientation.

WCST... I don't see where I am dissagreeing with you ???

If women WANT to be in a combat arm trade (example) and they are capable / competent at doing said job, then leave the to do the job.....

Back