• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advantages/Disadvantages to having a Commercial License in the CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

2010newbie

Inactive
Reaction score
I already received an offer for Pilot through the ROTP entry plan, so my questions here do not relate to any advantage or disadvantage to having a CPL through the recruiting phase. I am wondering what the pros and cons (if any) there are in having your CPL as a Pilot in the CF.

I have approximately $3,000 worth of flying left to do to obtain my CPL (about 10 dual hours and the 300 NM cross country). Since I probably won't be doing much flying for the next few years on an Ocdt salary, I am debating about whether or not I should finish the training and put that money towards something else. As far as I can tell, is that the CPL really does not account for anything in the CF and the only thing it could effect is bypassing PFT. Is this still correct? If it is, is it mandatory to skip PFT or is it an option that the trainee must request? Are there any other pros/cons if the trainee has a CPL (disregarding the flying proficiency - or lack thereof, attained from the CPL training)?

Thanks.

All the advantages and disadvantages have been discussed in several threads already. 

LOCKED !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back