• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Address by the Colonel Commandant 23 May 2008

Old Sweat

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
The following extract is from an email I received from the Ottawa Gunners yesterday. Note that there is a dress code for the Army Mess. General Beno and I have been friends since we first met in 1964. He has taken a hands on approach to what usually is a ceremonial appointment and I can almost guarantee he will address the good, the bad and the ugly.

ADDRESS BY THE COL COMDT

1.      The Ottawa Gunners last year added an "Artillery Birthday Guest Speaker" activity to the annual event schedule.  This year we are honoured to have our new Colonel Commandant BGen (Ret'd) Ernest Beno OMM, CD as our guest.  The briefing will take place in the Infantry Room (for greater capacity than the OP) of the Army Officers' Mess at 1100 hrs 23 May 2008.  BGen Beno will brief on his impressions of the current state of the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery followed by questions from the audience.  The Colonel Commandant also intends to present a print to the mess of the M777 in action in Afghanistan.  Following the presentation lunch will be available.  The "free lunch" will be
sausage on a bun.  The normal mess menu will also be available for those who wish to pay.

2.      All Gunners (Regular and Reserve) and Friends of the Gunners (those who have served in an Artillery Regiment in some capacity) both serving and retired are cordially  invited to be present.  Please note because of the nature of the event you do not have to be a current member of the Ottawa Gunners to attend.

Back