• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AD Arty...... Chance(s) of going on Tour(s) ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Inactive
Reaction score
Given the CF's current situation overseas, just wondering are the odds of going on tour very good? I'm looking to go.

Are you Reg or Res?  I can't tell from your profile.

Fry, there will be opportunity to deploy overseas as a member of a Task Force.  Concentrate on completing your BMQ and basic trades training and learning what being a soldier/gunner is all about.  There is much more to the artillery and military that you need to learn vice just wanting to go overseas.

Good Luck.

I understand and realize that. Thanks for the info.

one more question... do AD gunners get trained on only just one system, like the ADATS or the 35mm guns or javelin.. or do you get trained on all of them, I mean like consecutive courses

Javelin and Twin 35 are being taken out of service.  Only ADATS is left and I believe that the only unit with this capability will be the LDSH(RC) which is the army's direct fire support regiment.

Fry said:
Where is that unit located?

If you don't already know, it may be OPSEC, and that means "If you don't need to know, You WILL NOT be told."  ;D

pardon the newbism, but could someone define OPSEC and  LDSH (RC)?

OPSEC - Operational Security

LdSH(RC) - Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians)

The unit is located in Edmonton Alberta.

Do some searches on ADATS, MMEV, LdSH(RC), MGS, etc and you will get all the info you want.

Thanks for all the help. This thread's expired, lock 'er up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back