• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Active Shooter In NS. April 19 2020

I’m LRP. I don’t know what this HD thingy is you speak of.
Maybe the RCAF is trying for a record…

“Greatest number of years operating an analog sensor when every other nation/operator has transitioned to digital.” 🤔

That said, even RS-170 from the spotter is optically useful.

Maybe the RCAF is trying for a record…

“Greatest number of years operating an analog sensor when every other nation/operator has transitioned to digital.” 🤔

During IMPACT, this was highlighted too many times to count. Inability to hold PID; “what’s your code” from a strike asset.

I’ve heard rumours of a new optical sensor coming on Blk V, though so that’s good news!

298AA5F7-5638-4577-8C6C-C3A02EFBB403.jpeg

My error. Meant to post in ASHE thread.

Source: CTV.ca

Finally, the Mass Casualty Commission was released today.

'Nova Scotians' sense of safety was rocked': RCMP failures dominate inquiry's final report into 2020 mass shooting​

Gabriel Wortman took 13 lives in the first 45 minutes of his 13 hour attack. The report rightfully savages the RCMP, who's decisions could have saved another nine lives, if over a dozen other decisions had been made, according to the MCC report.

Source: CTV.ca

Gabriel Wortman took 13 lives in the first 45 minutes of his 13 hour attack. The report rightfully savages the RCMP, who's decisions could have saved another nine lives, if over a dozen other decisions had been made, according to the MCC report.

Lots of crys to get ride of the RCMP in NS right now.

Probably an emotional rather than rational response. But we all know how Govs work ;)

Pretty damning for RCMP contract policing, and their new commissioner has made it pretty clear that he sees their future as federal. I won’t be surprised if this is a major factor in a broader push to ditch RCMP provincial/municipal policing contracts. In the next decade.

Some interesting pan-policing recommendations in there such as adopting a three year bachelor’s degree model for police recruits, where police training is integrated within the degree (Finland’s model). There are also some hopelessly optimistic recommendations to basically ‘make vacancies (hard or soft) not be vacant’ and to guarantee adequate staffing. Every police service is struggling with this, competing for recruits, and poaching from each other.

Another interesting recommendation is to make rural/remote policing an attractive and rewarding career, and to find professional development and education options for people who specialize that way. I think what they’ve recommended without realizing it is really just provincial police forces.

Lots of “RCMP have been recommended to do things A and B in reports and inquiries X, y, and z, so why haven’t they?”

Betcha we see one or two more very senior RCMP retirements quite soon.

Pretty damning for RCMP contract policing, and their new commissioner has made it pretty clear that he sees their future as federal. I won’t be surprised if this is a major factor in a broader push to ditch RCMP provincial/municipal policing contracts. In the next decade.

Some interesting pan-policing recommendations in there such as adopting a three year bachelor’s degree model for police recruits, where police training is integrated within the degree (Finland’s model). There are also some hopelessly optimistic recommendations to basically ‘make vacancies (hard or soft) not be vacant’ and to guarantee adequate staffing. Every police service is struggling with this, competing for recruits, and poaching from each other.

Another interesting recommendation is to make rural/remote policing an attractive and rewarding career, and to find professional development and education options for people who specialize that way. I think what they’ve recommended without realizing it is really just provincial police forces.

Lots of “RCMP have been recommended to do things A and B in reports and inquiries X, y, and z, so why haven’t they?”

Betcha we see one or two more very senior RCMP retirements quite soon.

I have no doubt the NS Premier has costed out NS having its own PPF.

It matters not if I agree or disagree, but I'm not sure we can afford one.

I have no doubt the NS Premier has costed out NS having its own PPF.

It matters not if I agree or disagree, but I'm not sure we can afford one.

Yeah, tough to say. It definitely wouldn’t be cheap. But, compared to, say, the prairies, I don’t think an NS provincial police service would have any trouble attracting enough people. A small province with no truly remote locations- instant opportunity for Mounties recruited from out east to make their way back home, something they might otherwise spend half a career working towards.

Yeah, tough to say. It definitely wouldn’t be cheap. But, compared to, say, the prairies, I don’t think an NS provincial police service would have any trouble attracting enough people. A small province with no truly remote locations- instant opportunity for Mounties recruited from out east to make their way back home, something they might otherwise spend half a career working towards.
time will tell. i believe the deal the RCMP give to provinces/municipalities in the past was on the back of under paying their cops, in comparison to other large police agencies. once this evens out, and once provinces/muni's have to pay the whole meal deal, they will in my mind, more likely disposed towards establishing their own police agencies. start up cost - for sure, but they will own these cops vs. some cop in Grand Forks BC's chain of command going from GFBC to E Div HQ to RCMP HQ Ottawa........said other forums, I am a fan of the Australian and German way of doing policing business........

1 person and 1 person only is responsible for the deaths and he died at the Enfield Irving on April 19th, 2020.

Everyone one else, including the RCMP, were just victims of his violence. That always has and always will be my view of those 2 days.

Anything determined “in hindsight” is just that. Hindsight.

Back