• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Active Shooter / Hostile Event ( ASHE ) prevention / response

When sent into the apocalypse, accept no substitutes,

An ambulance that has run flat tire inserts, ballistic glass & a full envelope of Level IIIA ballistic Kevlar throughout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5i-JucB8fE

When sent into the apocalypse, accept no substitutes,

An ambulance that has run flat tire inserts, ballistic glass & a full envelope of Level IIIA ballistic Kevlar throughout.
I drove an ambulance here in Alberta for AHS in the not too distant past, that had over 300,000km on it and the light bar started smoking when I turned it on…

I think we have a long way to go here before getting a beast like that 😅

Saw this in another thread,

And not try to project that onto other professions. Not saying anyone is but just something to keep in mind.

Staging at Active Shooter / Hostile Event ( ASHE ) until Emergency Task Force ( ETF ) aka SWAT aka Tactical arrived On Scene was the S.O.P.

Then came Columbine.

Now it's Rescue Task Force ( RTF ).

First arriving street paramedics ( NOT tactical paramedics ) team up with 2 patrol officers to move quickly into “warm” zone areas along cleared corridors to initiate treatment and evacuation of victims.
2 patrol officers for front and rear security and 2 street paramedics in ballistic gear with supplies to treat up to 14 patients.
“Stabilize, position, and move on”
Once the first RTF runs out of supplies, they grab a victim and evacuate out.
RTF re-supply near point of entry.

Paramedics are reminded of their responsibility under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Section 43, (1) and (2).2 These sections exclude paramedics from the right to refuse work where the circumstances are inherent in their work and/or if the work refusal would directly endanger the health and safety of another person.

Looks like the alleged ASHE subway perp wanted to get caught.

Subway suspect calls cops from McDonald's

Probably the last Big Mac he will be having for a long time, if convicted.

Attachments

• ashe2.png
    ashe2.png
    605 KB · Views: 4
The Uvalde, Texas discussion, in the Scarborough SIU discussion, reminded me of the case of the Parkland, Florida SRO back in 2018.

It will be going to trial, but has not yet been scheduled.

Prosecutors are taking a novel approach and will have to show that Peterson, a law enforcement officer, was a caregiver and exposed students and teachers to harm with his actions, with reckless disregard for their lives, attorneys have told CNN.

Another ASHE. This time in Highland Park, ILL.

R.I.P.

Ugh. Yeah, lots of media out from the scene on this. The entire event took less than thirty seconds- he ripped off two full mags in a very rapid semi auto dump. He was literally reloading before people realized it wasn’t fireworks or part of the show. The situation was so fast and disjointed they people were literally still applauding a band as it broke and ran.

Short of having police with scoped semiautos on rooftops along the route, I don’t know what police could have done on scene to detect and interdict this. I bet people watching from roofs isn’t even that strange in its own right.

Since Uvalde info's in a range of threads, thought I'd plant this one here ...
Latest full report (81 pg PDF) here

^ Wow. Almost 400 coppers on scene and nobody stepped up to the plate. As is common in the US, the number of agencies involved likely didn't help.

I’ve suggested before- I imagine the failure at the front is a particular agency- the agencies arriving behind would be stepping into what they think are support roles.

If I was arriving twenty minutes into a school shooting with a crew- I would be looking for someone in charge and in absence would be setting up containment rings- assuming the 100 before me were doing the trigger work.

This is the same way you respond to any high level threat- if you observe a gap you step into a role to take pressure off the coordinator- it’s a proactive thing. I observe a missing cold Zone- I drop dudes into it and notify command.

You can’t have all your assets push to contact that would be nonsense.

So if layer 1 fails. Layer 2-5 won’t necessarily notice. Now…45 minutes in I might have an eyebrow up that I’m not seeing a professionalized coordinated response…

However, if I was guy 8 and I was in the school and a guy in a polo shirt was telling me to stay back and there was no threat probing- I’d ask for his magazines and send him to get lunches

I’ve suggested before- I imagine the failure at the front is a particular agency- the agencies arriving behind would be stepping into what they think are support roles.
Yes - but theoretically it shouldn’t matter as confront the threat doesn’t change and multiple agencies shouldn’t change that - stack up and go…
If I was arriving twenty minutes into a school shooting with a crew- I would be looking for someone in charge and in absence would be setting up containment rings- assuming the 100 before me were doing the trigger work.
I suspect that is what occurred - except the School Police Chief was a fuckstick of the highest order
This is the same way you respond to any high level threat- if you observe a gap you step into a role to take pressure off the coordinator- it’s a proactive thing. I observe a missing cold Zone- I drop dudes into it and notify command.

You can’t have all your assets push to contact that would be nonsense.

So if layer 1 fails. Layer 2-5 won’t necessarily notice. Now…45 minutes in I might have an eyebrow up that I’m not seeing a professionalized coordinated response…

However, if I was guy 8 and I was in the school and a guy in a polo shirt was telling me to stay back and there was no threat probing- I’d ask for his magazines and send him to get lunches
5 minutes in I’d be wondering WTF and start to move to the front.

Watching the video one has to wonder what the FUCK was going on - it’s a criminal level of neglect. One guy on his phone, one using hand sanitizer, falling back once contact was made.
I hope they burn the fuck out of a number of them.

Yes - but theoretically it shouldn’t matter as confront the threat doesn’t change and multiple agencies shouldn’t change that - stack up and go…

I suspect that is what occurred - except the School Police Chief was a fuckstick of the highest order

Watching the video one has to wonder what the FUCK was going on - it’s a criminal level of neglect. One guy on his phone, one using hand sanitizer, falling back once contact was made.
The hand sanitizer will be THE defining image of this debacle

In fairness, guy on the phone was checking for a message from his wife. She was a teacher in the school who had previously contacted him to say she had been shot. He ended up disarmed and removed from the scene.

But yeah- those at or near the front were fucking useless, and should all turn in their badges. Kids dying? You go in, full stop. No shots for a few minutes just means some are still bleeding out.

Anyone more than a tactical bound behind the front element I can understand not moving. They would have been in an information vacuum, trusting those farther ahead to have a correct read on the situation. Nobody would assume a foul up this monumental.

What I want to know is who was the initial critical incident commander? Someone in the first two minutes should have been loud on the air declaring him or orderly the MFIC, and making decisions that make sense. With people dying, that would include saying “form a stack and stop the threat, and good luck, the whole world will be only two steps behind you”.

Either someone DID step up, and failed, or no one stepped up, and so the whole department failed. I mean, obviously the whole department failed anyway, but that would be the first and most critical fail point.

In fairness, guy on the phone was checking for a message from his wife. She was a teacher in the school who had previously contacted him to say she had been shot. He ended up disarmed and removed from the scene.

But yeah- those at or near the front were fucking useless, and should all turn in their badges. Kids dying? You go in, full stop. No shots for a few minutes just means some are still bleeding out.

Anyone more than a tactical bound behind the front element I can understand not moving. They would have been in an information vacuum, trusting those farther ahead to have a correct read on the situation. Nobody would assume a foul up this monumental.

What I want to know is who was the initial critical incident commander? Someone in the first two minutes should have been loud on the air declaring him or orderly the MFIC, and making decisions that make sense. With people dying, that would include saying “form a stack and stop the threat, and good luck, the whole world will be only two steps behind you”.

Either someone DID step up, and failed, or no one stepped up, and so the whole department failed. I mean, obviously the whole department failed anyway, but that would be the first and most critical fail point.
The Chief of the School LE was one of the retreat under fire assclowns…
They had two dudes with rifles and they retreated…

Back