• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ACS Vs AWS

Che85

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been reading on the forum for a little while and there are tons of good info.
I just complete my CFAT yesterday and feeling confident. Unfortunately, we don't get the results on the same day.

My first choice is ACS as I love working with my hands and especially working in fabrication.
My second choice is AWS which is in demand right now. I see little benefit in civilian life but it looks like a fun job that I would enjoy doing and to be "fighting at the front"

Since I have no experience in either field, I am impartial in my choice right now.

Now my question: Is AWS a good trade to be in for the long haul? Do we get special pay? I got told by this AVN tech that it's very routine. Is it true?

AWS do get spec pay. Whether or not it is good for the long haul remains to be seen as we are still in the infancy of rebuilding the trade. Pros are very short courses compared to other trades (ACS is probably the longest) and EOD courses. Cons are a confusion as to our roles and a huge backlog of EOD courses.

Also if you want to work on jets AWS techs are deploying and going trips like mad. Aurora fleets not so much but more other than ACS techs.

I am currently in the process of a component transfer into AWS, are they bringing in a lot of people? I'm really hoping this won't take over a year...

so am I , applied for AWS , AVS and Gunner last September ....

Tcm621 said:
AWS do get spec pay. Whether or not it is good for the long haul remains to be seen as we are still in the infancy of rebuilding the trade. Pros are very short courses compared to other trades (ACS is probably the longest) and EOD courses. Cons are a confusion as to our roles and a huge backlog of EOD courses.

Also if you want to work on jets AWS techs are deploying and going trips like mad. Aurora fleets not so much but more other than ACS techs.

thank you for a quick response!

Back