• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Accomodations while attending Algonquin College?

NewfieBish

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, can't seem to find this answer on here, but I just got an offer for Geo Tech position, and I was wondering where me and my girlfriend would be living while I attended Algonquin College in Ottawa for the 17 months occupational training?

Also if anyone could tell me anything about Ottawa in general, such as rent costs, traffic levels and all that would be cool too.

Thanks

I would suspect that the CF would put you up in Algonquin College's Residence.  Your girlfriend is of no concern of the CF and she would have to find her own accommodations.

Rent costs can be pretty high, depending on what you want. If you are ok living in sketchy areas, rent can be affordable. It also depends what features you want to have in the building where you rent (Gym, pool, parking, etc). Traffic can be terrible if you leave home at the wrong time, depending on where you are going.

Self-help housing may be available for you (PMQs for MCpl and below). That is down by the airport.

NLer709B said:
Hey guys, can't seem to find this answer on here, but I just got an offer for Geo Tech position, and I was wondering where me and my girlfriend would be living while I attended Algonquin College in Ottawa for the 17 months occupational training?

Also if anyone could tell me anything about Ottawa in general, such as rent costs, traffic levels and all that would be cool too.

Thanks

Yes, you can apply for lodging at the res at algonquin. NO your girlfriend cannot live with you. The CF wont pay for that. Your best bet is to look at sef-help housing at uplands if you want to live with her.

I assume you are going Geo?

I am on the geo tech course that is currently running. If you're coming in as a direct entry, you will be put up in the residence. The cost as of right now is $90 a month + parking if you have a vehicle. You're stuck paying for a room in res if you're not married/common law.

Conquistador said:
I am on the geo tech course that is currently running. If you're coming in as a direct entry, you will be put up in the residence. The cost as of right now is $90 a month + parking if you have a vehicle. You're stuck paying for a room in res if you're not married/common law.

I was told today that you are responsible for your own lodging but you can just pay 90/month for residence? My husband probably won't be able to come with me where he is in the military too so it would be great to know we aren't having to pay for two places.

Back