• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Accessing the DIN?

johnny_boy

Inactive
Reaction score
I just received my login and password for what I assume is the DIN. I know this is an intranet and can't be accessed outside of the DND network, however a few people have told me that you can access it remotely to check e-mail at whatnot. I know normally to access a Intranet from a remote connection you need a VPN.. So my question is 1) is this possible, and 2) if so where can I go to login remotely?

Thanks

Ask your unit IT rep.

Regards

only way to do it that i have run into(i am a IS tech for RCSU(c)) is to have a laptop that is specially immaged for jus tthat. I cant remember what it is called, seeing as how it is almost never done, but that is the only way i know of. Ya, still ask to talk to your unit ISO, he/she would know(how to call TIS ;D)

The only way to access the DIN remotely is by using a DVPNI account.  To have a DVPNI account you need a special account setup and a laptop or desktop configured with the DVPNI software.  Those are the requirements.

LCISTech227 said:
That's OK!

That's what us TIS guys are for :)

Cheers

lol, dam TIS, always running my CD drive.......it's funny, iv left a blank cd inthe drive for like 3 weeks, and atleast once a day, it will just run........i was confused at first, until a guy i work with told me it was TIS checking the CD....lol

Back