• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Academic transcripts - Questions [MERGED]

Bo

Inactive
Reaction score
They need High school, Cegep (grade 12-13, Quebec), and University transcripts. Problem is that I have no idea where to get my high school transcript. Do you think they would have a copy at my school on record? I graduated 7 years ago. Also, is it ok if I photocopy both Cegep and University degrees? Or do I have to hand in the official transcript with my grades?

I believe they need official transcripts and as far as I know, the only way to get them is to have the institution mail them directly to the recruiting centre. Most colleges/universities/etc will not give official transcripts to students.

Your high school should have them still. Just call them. I graduated High school in 97 and was able to get transcripts from them in 2001 when I applied to Queen's. I'm not sure how long they keep them, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Bo said:
They need High school, Cegep (grade 12-13, Quebec), and University transcripts. Problem is that I have no idea where to get my high school transcript. Do you think they would have a copy at my school on record? I graduated 7 years ago. Also, is it ok if I photocopy both Cegep and University degrees? Or do I have to hand in the official transcript with my grades?

From a google search,
Quebec
Transcript Phone: (418) 643-1761
Transcript Fax: (None)
Ministry of Education
1035 rue de la Chevrotiere, 13th Floor
Quebec, QC G1R 5A5
Ministry Info Line: (418) 643-7095

You can also try contacting your high school.  I'm from Ontario and picked up a my notarized (sealed) transcripts from the "archived" central location in Toronto.  I also picked had a copy of my university transcripts mailed to me in a sealed envelope.  Along with both these documents, the CFRC demanded that I bring in my actual degree- the real thing with frame and all.  Best advice?  Contact your CFRC and ask.

Hope that helps.

my Recruiter told me where the office is to go and get my transcripts
thou it costs money for the School Bord to give them to you, so bring you cash.
the Recruiter shuld know wher you need to go.

Strange, I applied a year and a half ago for DEO. I only needed my university transcript and that's all I gave them, plus a copy of my degree.  I was accepted. Unless it's a new requirement (and I don't see why), I really don't think your high school transcript is needed for DEO.

2 years ago all that was required was the last 3 years of schooling. Whatever that is. Given DEO's requirement for a degree, it would imply that just university is required.

Also, when I went in, they just took photocopies, as long as what I had was an original or looked like an original, they were ok.

Make sure your high school has them.

When I had to get mine I called the school and asked to pick them up they said ok and I told them I would be there in 20 min.  But when I got there I wasn't on file (Your tax dollars at work) and walked away empty handed because somebody didn't bother to register me into the system.

Anyways I had to go to my other high school to pick them up which set me back about an hour on my way to the recruiting centre the next day and even there the lady was giving me a hard time because I said I was here to pick up my high school transcripts not my high school transcript.

But now I don't have to deal with thoose ding dongs for a while.

I'm dealing with CFRC Montreal and they want high school, cegep and university transcripts but photocopies of the originals are accepted. And they wanted a photocopy of the degree too. A good thing I kept those old high school papers...

Could be worse.

Check this out: a retired U.S. army oral surgeon agreed last fal to go back on active service at the ripe old age of 70 (no typo) to deal with casualties from Iraq. He has eight grandchildren, and retired for the first time in 1980. Vietnam veteran.

Anyway, once he agreed to go back into uniform, they wanted his high school transcripts. The school no longer exists. He turned 18 52 years ago - you do the math.

Full article here: http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/pubs/adanews/adanewsarticle.asp?articleid=999

I just brought my application on MOnday and I also needed my HighSchool Transcript. I called my old High School that I graduated from in 1990..Oh God! I am aging myself! and they told me I could pick it up the same day. It cost me $2.00.
Good LUck!

Bojangles

I think it's a bit silly to look at your high school transcripts for DEO candidates. I coasted through high school (good times) only getting high marks in my final year before university. Graduated university cum laude, and was accepted to the CF in good time. My high school transcript scares me and I feel for those who need to supply one if they already have a university degree.

My CEGEP transcript scares me.. But then I had to submit it to get into RMC, and I was able to explain it in the interview... apparently well enough to get me accepted...

*shrug*

The requirement exists for high school transcripts because some officer occupations require certain levels of science and mathematics to have been taken by potential applicants.   Such as: pilot, air nav, aec, arty, armd and inf.   Due to some degrees not requiring the student to take these courses the requirement for the applicant to provide high school transcripts exists.   Potentially an applicant could be deemed not competitive for one of aforementioned occupations if they did not have math or sciences, either at the high school or university level.

I see your point kincanucks, those trades do require math skills that you could get through university without.

Hi, I thought I would check with you guys to see if you might know the answer to this question. I am going through the application process now and I have my Highschool and College Transcript. My College transcript though is unofficial, meaning it is not in a sealed envelope. Do I need an official college transcript? thanks.

They need the official ones.

If you are at a College where the 'official' transcripts have to be mailed directly to the organization, I personally would contact the recruiting center and find out exactly who I should be sending them to first. That will ensure your transcripts will get to the right people and not get lost in the system.

For myself, my University mailed the Official transcripts directly to me, and I brought the unopened envelope into the recruiting center with me and handed it over. That way there is no question of tampering etc.

Good Morning Everyone. Just a quick question about transcripts during the application processes. Does the recruiting center require both high school transcript and university transcript if I am applying as NCM? or would the post secondary transcript suffice? Thanks for the info! - Hammond

Question best and only answered with certainty by calling them.

Any info provided here from anonymous sources would be "best guess" which I would recommend using for my application process.

You only have to have the high school transcripts. However, the University transcripts in your file will never hurt you.

That is fact, as I was in a similar situation.

kc

Back