• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ABU SAYYAF SUSPECT IN BEHEADING OF MARINES CAPTURED IN ZAMBOANGA CITY

Spr.Earl

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
ABU SAYYAF SUSPECT IN BEHEADING OF MARINES CAPTURED IN ZAMBOANGA CITY

Another suspect in the July 2007 massacre of 14 Philippine Marine soldiers in Basilan was captured by operatives of the Police Anti-Crime and Emergency Response (PACER) in Zamboanga City over the weekend.

Abdulkab BALAHIM alias Abas, an ethnic Yakan who is a regular member of the Abu Sayyaf Group was arrested by combined operatives of PACER, the Intelligence and Security Group of the Philippine Army and 9 th Regional Mobile Group at the intersection of Masuhod Drive and Talon-Talon in Zamboanga City.

In his report to PNP Chief, Director General Avelino I Razon Jr., PACER Chief, Senior Superintendent Leonardo A Espina said Balahim was arrested on orders of the Honorable Leo Jay Principe, presiding judge of the Regional Trial Court Branch 1 of Isabela City.

According to Espina, Balahim is facing nine counts of Murder and four counts of Frustrated Murder for his alleged participation in the ambush of Philippine Marine soldiers in July 10, 2007 in Al Barka, Basilan.

Balahim is listed in the Most Wanted Person roster of the PNP. The DILG and DND have offered a reward of P500,000.00 for information that will lead to his arrest.

Espina said PACER operatives had been monitoring the movements of Balahim, including his travels to nearby Malaysia via the country's southern backdoor using a Philippine passport under the name of Abas Haslin Awalun, and several identification documents under the name of Mawan B. Awalun.

Balahim's passport indicates that the travel document was issued by the consular office in Kuala Lumpur.

"The arrest of Balahim is the result of intelligence operations launched by PACER under Case Operation Plan "Shoppers", to account for most wanted personalities," Espina said.

Balahim will be immediately brought before the RTC Branch 1 in Isabela City for appropriate action of the court.

I wonder if Balahim was simply hiding in Malaysia, or if he had some business to take care of over there. There are some that speculate that the MILF and ASG have clandestine or indirect Malaysian supporters.

See the following link:
http://manilabaywatch.blogspot.com/2007/09/part-i-malaysian-military-ceasefire_22.html

gillbates said:
I wonder if Balahim was simply hiding in Malaysia, or if he had some business to take care of over there. There are some that speculate that the MILF and ASG have clandestine or indirect Malaysian supporters.

See the following link:
http://manilabaywatch.blogspot.com/2007/09/part-i-malaysian-military-ceasefire_22.html

They know they get financial help from Malaysia,Indonesia and Saudi Arabia but it's all done on the old Muslim tradition of transferring money which is paperless.
Indonesians and Malay's have been captured on Mindanao,on the Island of Palawan the caught an American black who was hiding after he left Mindanao and was handed over.

The big stink right now is giving away whole communities to the MILF with out any consultation with the local's Muslim and Christian alike.

The people see Gloria as traitor as she has already given away part of the territorial right's off the north west coast of Palawan to China yet these water's are no were near the Chinese coast !!

If Gloria Aroyo stay's in power there will be another over throw of the Government in the Philippines.

Back