• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

About custom profile avatars

Tyrnagog

Inactive
Reaction score
I did a search on this site, and couldn‘t find an answer.. so here is hoping one of the mods (or even someone else) can help me out.. :)

What is the recommended size for a custom avatar?

I was reading a thread where some people complained about a civilian using an avatar that may have construed him as a soldier. Since I don‘t want to be accused of doing the same (since I am not yet a soldier), I decided to change my avatar.

But I am not sure what the guidelines are for that. Ideas? Thanks..

Also, if someone is offended by my avatar... send me a private message, and I will change it )if you have a valid complaint)..

cheers!

Actually, your avatar is pretty funny.

Avatar size: Nothing in stone, but don‘t go over 150x150, as anything over that tends to interfere with the postings and sucks up bandwidth.

Avatar selection: Avatars, like our usernames, say something about us. Something like a regimental capbadge or a corps insignia has to be earned, so it is rightfully "guarded" by those who have earned them. Same with pictures; a picture of a CF soldier in the field, cammed up with a C-6 just screams infantry, so its probably not wise to use it.
Consider it a form of "netiquette" for this board. You wouldn‘t see me throw on an Engineering insignia; this is out of respect for those who have worked very hard to become military engineers.

I thought so... I was using a Sigs avatar, but, well, I‘m not a Sigs yet.. so I decided the change.

I guess my avatar says I am a drunk white guy who can‘t dance. Or an engineer. meh.

Thanks for the heads up, Infanteer... Appreciate the info...

Good on you. I thought you were an engineer.

EDIT: I meant sigs dweeb, the fact that you are an engineer forced itself into my conciousness.

Am I that transparent? Or is my slide-rule showing?

cheers!

sigs dweeb?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!

och... you refrigerator tech‘s have no respect, do ya? ;)

I like the way you came out and asked about the avatar thing. Shows good forum manners...Your present one is a hoot!

Slim

Can someone tell my slow *** how you guys get those kick *** custom avatars in your profile. I am some what technologically retarded.

I‘m glad you like it Slim... and good manners are a a show of respect. At least, that‘s what I tell my kid...

Monger... to do a custom avatar, make sure you find one in the appropriate size, and get the direct URL of the image (something like http://www.blahblah.com/image.jpg)

Go into your profile, and edit, go to switch avatar, and on the bottom of the 2nd page (and first page, too) of avatars, you can put in a URL for a custom...

hope it helps..

Back