• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Abdominal tourniquet saves lives

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
I call BS, until I see the scientific studies studies that prove the claim.

More on Stars and Stripes

http://www.stripes.com/news/game-changer-tourniquet-for-abdominal-wounds-is-already-saving-lives-1.235791

I'll have to see if the research for the article was based upon a Duffelblog article when I get the chance. That was the first thing that came to mind.

"This summer in Birmingham, Ala., a man came into the emergency room where Croushorn works with a gunshot through his upper arm, and was bleeding profusely. The bullet had pierced the armpit,  destroying one of the body’s largest arteries....He applied the abdominal tourniquet and persuaded a wary nurse to remove her hands from the wound. There was no bleeding. Croushorn said the patient made it to the operating room, where a shocked vascular surgeon repaired six inches of torn artery. The man lived."

I cannot see how that would work, but then I don't watch a lot of television doctor programmes.

Loachman said:
I cannot see how that would work, but then I don't watch a lot of television doctor programmes.

Maybe not, but the pythons and annaconda's have got it down pat.... :nod:

We need one that fits the neck. ;)

edit - figured I better add a smilie before someone takes me seriously

Back