• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Question About Pension Contributions While In The Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

expwor

Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm asking this because I don't know.  But I was in the Militia from 1979-1981 (Princess Of Wales Own Regiment)
Discussion of pensions never came up while I was in, our two pay parades in SRTP (Summer Recruit Training Plan) were paid in cash.  During the winter, we were paid by cheque but I don't remember, or gave any thought to, if there were any pension contributions made.  And when I was one of the few from my unit chosen for the privilege of going to Baden Solingen to serve with 3 RCR for FallEx exercises pay was direct deposit into the base Bank Of Montreal
Anyhow with that long winded story, during my almost two years in the Reserves, I don't know if I contributed to any pension.  Who would I contact to see if I did contribute, and status of contributions.

Thanks

Tom

expwor said:
I'm asking this because I don't know.  But I was in the Militia from 1979-1981 (Princess Of Wales Own Regiment)
Discussion of pensions never came up while I was in, our two pay parades in SRTP (Summer Recruit Training Plan) were paid in cash.  During the winter, we were paid by cheque but I don't remember, or gave any thought to, if there were any pension contributions made.  And when I was one of the few from my unit chosen for the privilege of going to Baden Solingen to serve with 3 RCR for FallEx exercises pay was direct deposit into the base Bank Of Montreal
Anyhow with that long winded story, during my almost two years in the Reserves, I don't know if I contributed to any pension.  Who would I contact to see if I did contribute, and status of contributions.

Thanks

Tom

Here you go.  ENJOY.

http://army.ca/forums/threads/28418/post-185384.html#msg185384

Very short answer:  Until 2007, there was no pension plan for the Reserve Force.  Thus, for service from '79-81 there would be no benefits accrued.

(The alternative, very long answer, would talk about former members ofr the Regular Force who transferred to the Reserve Force and sometimes would contribute to the Regular Force pension plan, but that gets long and complex and doesn't address your question).

Thank you, that answers my question perfectly

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back