• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A private fear

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
With a possible Conservative victory looming, I have to admit I am concerned. I am worried that the JSS project will be cancelled outright and the MHP program will be delayed. Why I have this is because of the way Chretien (Jean who?) cancelled the EH101. So the idea of payback concerns me. :(

No, I don,t think so as that would give the Bloc and NDP to much ammo to work with.[ ie. ..see,Harper, same old, same old, etc.]

With a possible Conservative victory looming, I have to admit I am concerned. I am worried that the JSS project will be cancelled outright and the MHP program will be delayed. Why I have this is because of the way Chretien (Jean who?) cancelled the EH101. So the idea of payback concerns me.

I'd be in favor of going with a more conventional design for the AOR replacement, IMHO 2.1 Billion or 700 million per seems like quite the bill to me for three AOR/ROROs.......perhaps the "slash" should be taken out, and instead we should look at a current (British/Dutch/German/Spanish) "off the self design" or go in with the Americans on their "AOR-X" program. Then with the savings, go after more conventional RO/ROs, whether new build or second hand. I'm just not big on the JSS project. 

As for the MHP, I doubt the Tories will touch that hot potato................Does anybody know if AugstaWestlands and Sikorsky's bid are in yet?

Back