• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Picture of Real Bravery

medaid

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
There are times when the public does not appreciate the work of LEOs and LEAs. There are times when the public are over critical of the actions of the LEOs, and go as far as suggesting perhaps LEOs are given too much power, thus restricting the freedoms of the everyday citizens. This is further perpetuated many a times by the MSM who seems to bring nothing but grief to those that have sworn a duty to maintain the right within out society.

Why is it that everytime you open a paper, or you look at the headlines it always appears to be something negative about a LEO or a LEA if they make it to the paper? Why is it that the bravery of one, two, five or dozens of members are not recounted in the next day's news? I always see headlines such as:

"Cop shoots man with knife"
"Teen killed by off duty cop"
"Man killed by cop involved in TASER incident"

So on and so forth....

It saddens me greatly to have to read those stories, and know that those members go on each and everyday serving quietly in the background, unappreciated and uncared for until you the ignorant require their services. So here I attach a small commentary with a powerful picture. The member in the picture embodies the ideals of a LEO, the quiet professional behind the thin blue line. The next time someone thinks that members are doughnut benching, coffee pressing frackers remember this picture, because when SHTF many are likely to be running away from the sound of anger, but those few WILL be the ones running towards it.

-To Serve, and Protect-

Beyond words. It would be amazing if a copy of the original photo was found.

I have to echo the previous statements in saying that is quite an amazing photo. Thanks for posting it up.

Beaver

Police Officers AND Fire Fighters always seem to be going IN as most people are RUNNING OUT.  Kudos to the Regina paper for putting that and praising the hero attitude.  :salute:
As for the tazering incidents...WTF was the bad guy doing that warranted to PO to pull out a "soft" weapon.  On the other hand, the PO could have pulled out his 9mm and shot his ass??!!    ;D
Sorry, but bad guys will not get any sympathy from me if a cop plugs your ass.  Any one of us with some security training knows about escalation of force, and protect you own ass.  :warstory:
BYTD

Great picture. I especially like the letter written below it asking why that was not the front page picture instead of a picture of a FOREIGN political figure.

Pictures often tell a story better then words do, and it's a shame pictures like that of law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics, military members etc aren't better publicized. Especially considering that if, say, the perpetrator invovled in that specific incident had been tasered and died the front page picture that day would have been of the 'confused, disturbed, innocent boy', not that one.

Why is it that everytime you open a paper, or you look at the headlines it always appears to be something negative about a LEO or a LEA if they make it to the paper?

Maybe because it's true.  ::)

This is all I see, and I don't like that ish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbmasNeOmM

It should be publicized when the people who are supposed to be "serving and protecting" lose trust and do this type of ish, nah I don't like that ish.

That is the definition of sheep-dogs, wolves and sheep.

Miss JDrO said:

Don't you have an old lady to beat up??

Jacqueline, methinks your time here is drawing to a close.

Guest (99.240.240.63)  22:17:02 Viewing the topic A Picture of Real Bravery.

Post, run and then watch?..........you are a piece of work.

MAN GETS TASED BY BORED UTAH COP

I watched that video (some of it, got bored after the man gets teased) and what I see is a stupid *** who argues with a policeman and doesn't comply...

I also see a policeman who risks his own life approx 30 times (each time a vehicle passes him on the side of the road while he has to argue with the stupid ***).

Not saying that it was 100% right, but not saying that it was 100% wrong.

Miss JDrO said:

This is all I see, and I don't like that ish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbmasNeOmM

It should be publicized when the people who are supposed to be "serving and protecting" lose trust and do this type of ish, nah I don't like that ish.

What's wrong? The guy was disobeying the officer's orders, and began to walk away when the officer attempted an arrest...maybe going for a gun in his car. What should have happened?

Oh wait, people like you hate tasers. You'd rather a bone get broken by an asp, someone get shot or (better yet) the officer get hurt. Right? You're a joke, typical bloody student.

I'm all for holding police accountable for their actions when they do something illegal (much to MedTech's chagrin) but here we agree, there is NOTHING wrong with an officer who follows his escalation of force procedures in order to protect himself and effect the arrest. Way to take a good topic and derail it with your personal agenda. In a perfect world, the next time you dial 911 no one will pick up...

Actually,  The Utah Highway Patrol lost this case, the incident happened
14 September 2007.

There is no legal requirement to sign a ticket in Utah. So when the officer
pulls him out to arrest him for not signing the ticket,  The guy in the car
was offered a cash settlement from the state. The officer was suspended and
sent for re-training.

old medic said:
Actually,  The Utah Highway Patrol lost this case, the incident happened
14 September 2007.

There is no legal requirement to sign a ticket in Utah. So when the officer
pulls him out to arrest him for not signing the ticket,  The guy in the car
was offered a cash settlement from the state. The officer was suspended and
sent for re-training.

That as may be, I still figure if an officer tells you to place your hands on the cruiser...you should do it and argue it out in court later. Walking back to your truck is a pretty dumb idea.

True enough,  I googled the court case, and it turns out the guy still had to pay the $107.00 speeding ticket, and it was a 40 mph construction zone.
But Utah paided him $40000.00 for the tazer part.  If the guy had just taken the ticket, drove away and checked, it would have been alot less headache
for everyone involved. He could have just fought the ticket in court, instead of on the side of the road.

old medic said:
True enough,  I googled the court case, and it turns out the guy still had to pay the $107.00 speeding ticket, and it was a 40 mph construction zone.
But Utah paided him $40000.00 for the tazer part.  If the guy had just taken the ticket, drove away and checked, it would have been alot less headache
for everyone involved. He could have just fought the ticket in court, instead of on the side of the road.

To true. Either way, at the time the police will get their way. If you feel like you were maltreated or unfairly charged...thats what courts are for. Anyhoo, I've derailed the topic enough.

Back