• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A little something for the cross fit types to there

Scoobie Newbie

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-robertson/crossfit-rhabdomyolysis_b_3977598.html

Commonly known as squats disease.

It can be a problem in jail where they play the "squats game".

In fact this was the subject of a CANFORGEN about two years ago warning of this.

Jim Seggie said:
Commonly known as squats disease.

It can be a problem in jail where they play the "squats game".

In fact this was the subject of a CANFORGEN about two years ago warning of this.

Is that just doing squats over and over and over again until your body gives out and you start flopping around on the drill hall floor like a fish out of water? Oh dear I've said too much already...

RedcapCrusader said:
Is that just doing squats over and over and over again until your body gives out and you start flopping around on the drill hall floor like a fish out of water? Oh dear I've said too much already...

Pretty much, it can be deadly. Several inmates have been hospitalized and put in dialysis. They recovered but in extreme cases death can occur.

I've seen a few cases in the military over the years - none involved Cross Fit incidentally, just stupid people and folks leading physical training with poor cognizance of what happens to the human body when you don't rest and hydrate properly...and tossing in over the counter anti inflammatory meds without really knowing what they do to the body.

Two off the top of my head ended up in ICU - one after a BFT they hadn't trained for and were in fact quite out of shape to begin with, the other at RMC during Indoc when some kids were run into the ground by their Squadron seniors a couple times a day during one of the worst Humidex weeks that summer and one hammered in bad.

MM

Back