• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A hello from a new reservist undergoing BMQ!

TorScottMo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello All
I recently got accepted into the reserves and I am undergoing BMQ in Toronto at Fort York. My unit is Toronto Scottish Regiment.
I am very proud of having a this chance, and to any Tor Scotts out there a big hello to you!

:cdn: TorScottMo :cdn:

Hi, I'm currently applying to the Infantry Reserves. What was the timeline like for your application, as in when did you apply and then get accepted, etc.? And what is your training schedule like?

Hax24 said:
Hi, I'm currently applying to the Infantry Reserves. What was the timeline like for your application, as in when did you apply and then get accepted, etc.? And what is your training schedule like?

It shows you have 19 posts, so I'm assuming by now you've learned to use the search function and found the answer yourself, but in case you didn't I will answer you. The process of applying and getting accepted into the Reserves can vary in time. I've heard of people getting accepted to a unit in less than two months, and some people waiting for nearly a year. My advice would be to go speak to a recruiter and ask lots of questions. Fill out your application with as much information as you can to set yourself apart from all the other Joe Scmoe's out there. If you're lucky you'll get a phone call from CFRC within a month or so giving you a date to come in and do your testing. They will then send all the results back to Ontario where they will be processed which could take several weeks or months (Depending on the weight of a dime on Jupiter, to the power of the number of Tim Bits at the Tim Hortons in Iqauit on a Tuesday, in other wards it seems pretty random). If all goes well they will send your file back to the local unit you applied to and they will phone you with a date to come in and be sworn into the Canadian Forces.

Sorry that was so long, but I felt like writing a novel, although most of that can be found with the search function. Question 2, Usually one week night for about 3 hours, and one weekend a month. Optional work during the summer as well.

Good luck on getting in, let me know if you make it :)

Back