• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A FOO's First FTX

Old Sweat

Army.ca Fixture
Donor
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
Here is a link to an account of a new FOO's first FTX, in this case with B Coy, 2 PPCLI attached to a British battle group in Suffield. There are some very interesting comments about skill fade and overcoming the differences, slight as they are, between Allies using NATO terminology and artillery procedures.

http://www.artillery.net/beta/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Capt-J-Bowering-My-first-FOO-2.pdf

It certainly is a different world. My first go as a FOO was with a dismounted motorized infantry company in Gagetown. It looks like our FOO training works.

Yea not a bad read although I do wonder if it was ever proof read before submitted. I also have a small issue when he's talking about staying abreast of the current technology when he's mislabeled the stuff he has now ie MSTAR is Man Portable Surveillance Target Acquisition Radar not Motion Sensing and his LAV is a LORIT not a Lauriat to name just a couple. He does raise the issue of Blue Force tracking which has haunted armies for centuries and I suspect will remain the same for as long as I'm around, it certainly doesn't negate the ability to keep trying but the one variable, the enemy, will probably have input into that  ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Back