• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Failing of CAF Family Support

ale267 said:
Apart of ballistic glasses, none, Sir.
Good for you, that you have such friends. Imagine they tell you they will feed your dog and when you back, you find him dead or sick because they have another important things to do than feed him. Civilians? I would say, yes, however they have many other things to do which members might not. Mentality is different.
Our friends work daily. We hired a driver to get child back and forth from school.

Avez-vous passé les points de contact du CRFMT à votre femme, pour qu'elle puisse leur contacter, s'il faut, à l'avenir?

Le Centre de ressources pour les familles des militaires (CRFM) de Toronto

Le Centre de ressources pour les familles des militaires (CRFM) de Toronto est une organisation caritative communautaire sans but lucratif. Notre objectif est de mettre en valeur et de préserver la solidité particulière des familles de la communauté militaire. Nous cherchons à soutenir les familles de manière tangible en fournissant les ressources nécessaires pour favoriser, maintenir et accroître leur qualité de vie pendant leur séjour dans la région du Grand Toronto.

Comment communiquer avec nous
Adresse postale : 5 Yukon Lane, Toronto, ON M3K 0A1
Téléphone : 416-633-6200, poste 4311
Télécopieur : 416-635-4414
Courriel : tmfrc@forces.gc.ca

Heures de service
Bureau central du CRFM Toronto : lundi – vendredi, 8 h 30 – 16 h 30
Jardin d’enfants : lundi – vendredi, 7 h 15 – 18 h.

Pour se rendre au CRFM en transport en commun (TTC) :
À la station de métro Downsview, prendre l’autobus 84 Sheppard West

Pour se rendre au CRFM en automobile :
L’intersection la plus proche est celle d’Allen Road et de Sheppard Ave. West.

Pour trouver l’itinéraire à partir de l’endroit où vous vous trouvez, allez à Google Maps, cliquez sur « Itinéraire », entrez votre adresse et la nôtre (5 Yukon Lane, Toronto, Ontario), puis cliquez sur le bouton « Itinéraire ».

jvep,
G2G

recceguy said:
ale267,

The only advice I can give, is for you to let this go. You're fixated on this and you're getting buggy with it. Life is too short and your career too important, to let something like this consume you. Let it go and move on. This is not the last you'll see of this sort of thing, if you stay in the military. Things change constantly and, sometimes, very quickly and you'll not always be informed until the last second. Learn to accept it for what it is. What it isn't though, is personal.

Semper Gumby

:2c:
Thanks for an advise. Honestly, I do not worry too much on that because my expectations where met. In any particular scenario, I guess people within CTC system should really show an example. Code of Value and Ethics is one of the first things that thought in CF. Integrity and accountability are the core elements. "Political" leaders are still the leaders and, as we know, should lead by example. Check box in the attendance form, number of meetings, number of presentations - this is more looks like civilian bureaucratic machine. Too little time, too many people, too much work - nowadays are not an excuse anymore, especially when a commitment is involved. It wasn't too often when I faced a similar approach. Mainly, it happens when a member is unqualified yet then he will be treated accordingly. Is it a part of the official training system? Not an official, I guess. People take such treatment at the early stage of their career and carry it with them through as an accepted norm of behaviour. Is it right? Only mutual support, shoulder-to-shoulder will reinforce Forces at any times. I just missed that point at that time.
Never mind.

[Edit to correct coding for quote.]

Back